Excel table error message

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 12:53 PM
AlysonStanton
New Contributor II

I installed the Microsoft Access database engine 2016 - quiet install (determined had click-to-run 64bit) - downloaded the 64bit driver - it appears in Apps & features. Restarted ArcPro 2.8.1. Reconnected folder with excel table - the error message still appears.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you execute the installation process using Command Prompt (Silent Install)?

Here is a nice blog to guide you through the process Guide to connecting to Excel files in ArcGIS Pro 

Think Location

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you restarted your system after installing the drivers?Install the Microsoft Access Database Engine driver 

Think Location
AlysonStanton
New Contributor II

Yes - restarted - also did a complete shutdown.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you execute the installation process using Command Prompt (Silent Install)?

Here is a nice blog to guide you through the process Guide to connecting to Excel files in ArcGIS Pro 

Think Location
AlysonStanton
New Contributor II

Yes - did a silent (quiet) install using the cmd prompt - it is installed - shows in App&features - but still get error msg.

AlysonStanton_0-1624578874751.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share what steps are you following, when you receive the error message?

What is the error message (Share screenshot)?

Think Location
AlysonStanton
New Contributor II

AlysonStanton_0-1624644276023.png

when I click on an xlsx file - the Error: Required Microsoft driver is not installed appears. When it happened the first time I followed the steps to install the driver (see screen shot). I tried again and the error still appears. PC was shut down - folder was reconnected. I did find that if I saved the file as an xls file the error message did not appear and I was able to geocode the file. However; I find it strange that before upgrading to 2.8.1 I did not have any problems with xlsx files.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another workaround could be using Excel to Table.

Think Location
0 Kudos