Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit tab

Jump to solution
07-27-2023 05:29 AM
vvatcer
New Contributor

I am currently using ArcGIS Pro and wish to create/modify some polygon features that I will use for clipping rasters images.  I cannot seem to figure out how to add the "Edit" tab to my ribbon.  I have read a few posts that mention going through the  options but the it gets confusing. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

You shouldn't have to manually add the Edit tab, it should appear automatically.

Ribbon tabs are context-sensitive: they change depending on your active view (e.g. catalog, map, layout) and selection (e.g. select a raster layer vs a feature layer in a map's toc).

The Edit tab should show up when you open a map.

For example, here I am in the Catalog View. The ribbon displays the "Catalog" tab with catalog-related tools. This tab only shows up in the Catalog view.

JohannesLindner_0-1690461893578.png

When I open the map, the ribbon switches the tabs to the ones appropriate for maps, including the "Edit" tab:

JohannesLindner_1-1690461979069.png

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

You shouldn't have to manually add the Edit tab, it should appear automatically.

Ribbon tabs are context-sensitive: they change depending on your active view (e.g. catalog, map, layout) and selection (e.g. select a raster layer vs a feature layer in a map's toc).

The Edit tab should show up when you open a map.

For example, here I am in the Catalog View. The ribbon displays the "Catalog" tab with catalog-related tools. This tab only shows up in the Catalog view.

JohannesLindner_0-1690461893578.png

When I open the map, the ribbon switches the tabs to the ones appropriate for maps, including the "Edit" tab:

JohannesLindner_1-1690461979069.png

Have a great day!
Johannes
vvatcer
New Contributor

Thank you so much.  I think my view was not activated.  I was able to complete the task once I did that!

0 Kudos