Dynamically Change Masking Layer via Map Series

10-12-2021 02:30 PM
Labels (1)
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm putting together a series of maps for a big report this year, and I'm wondering how best I could make the export (to PDF and PNG) process easier on myself.

I have a series of bookmarks in Pro highlighting some of the different focus areas - and I have individual masking layers set up to better include/occlude the relevant data.

Is there a way I could set the Map Series up so that it will dynamically switch the visible/active masking layer as I navigate from page to page?

Currently I'll have to switch on/off data or make a series of layers based off selection queries and check them on or off each time the bookmarked page switches.

Is something along these lines available in Pro?

Thanks!

Henry
Tags (2)
2 Replies
RebeccaWingate
New Contributor II

Bump!

I have the same question. Did you ever figure it out?

0 Kudos
KaitlynDobyns
New Contributor

I'm also trying to figure this one out. I have a map series that is created based on a point feature layer. Each map focuses on a point - however, I have one map where there are two points very close to each other so both are visible. I only want one point visible per map and I've not been able to figure out if a temporary masking type solution is even posible or if I'll have to create one separate map for this point. It would be great if eventually someone figures this out. 

0 Kudos