Domain descriptions not showing in Arcade labels

Jump to solution
08-28-2018 09:41 AM
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

I have a field that has a domain. The domain description shows in the attribute table, but not in labels, where the coded value is displayed. I have the check box 'Insert fields with coded value description function' checked.

Details:

Code snip

lbl = $feature["L4STRUCTURES.structure_name"] + "\n"
lbl += "Size: " + Text($feature["L4STRUCTURES.structure_size"])
lbl += "\n" + round($feature["L4STRUCTURES.lat"], 6) + ", " + round($feature["L4STRUCTURES.long"], 6) + "\n"‍‍‍

ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1

L4STRUCTURES is a feature class residing on a client's ArcGIS server, and is joined to another feature class from the same source and a local table.

Any idea how to get the descriptions to display? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Honored Contributor

To show the domain descriptions, you have to use

DomainName($feature, 'theField');

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Honored Contributor

To show the domain descriptions, you have to use

DomainName($feature, 'theField');

View solution in original post

Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

Awesome, thank you! Not sure of the purpose of the coded values checkbox then, but this works perfectly. Surprised ESRI doesn't feature this more prominently.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Honored Contributor

When I made a simple Arcade script, just double-clicking on the field name automatically added the DomainName syntax.

0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

Did not do that for me. Oh well.

0 Kudos
MarkJackson
Occasional Contributor

Thank you sooooo much. Been fighting with this for a while. As with Greg, ArcGIS Pro (2.4.1) definitely did not help out in any fashion. Double clicking in Arcade just adds $feature.Fieldname

The only "help" I could find on Esri's site says you have to do Domain to Table, then do a one to many join of that table back to the table ...

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos