csv file to feature class

07-20-2021 05:24 AM
matu89
by
New Contributor II

hey, i have a csv file with coordinates X Y and Z values.

i want to convert this csv file into feature class and get the points.

also , i wanna color the area of each group of points that varies by depth.

thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

You can do this in one of several ways.

1. Add the table to the map
    1. Right click on the table and select data
    2. Select display XY data
    3. Export the features to a database
  2. Run the XY Table to Point tool
  3. Run Make XY Event Layer tool
0 Kudos
JamesShively
New Contributor III

Open the Geoprocessing menu (Analysis Group -> Tools), enter search text, "XY Table to Point" and fill in appropriate fields, click "Run".

Once the point feature is loaded into the Contents pane, Open the symbology menu and select option in the top drop-down to Symbolize your layer by Unique Values. Set the value field to your field containing depth.

0 Kudos
matu89
by
New Contributor II

hey,

i tried the symbology but i dont want the color just the point, i want to color the mutual values area..

for example like this img :

20210722_083828.jpg

how do i do that?

thanks!

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Using the points, you may create a continuous surface using Topo to Raster . The input type would be Point Elevation.

Once the surface Raster is created, you may choose to symbolise (Classify) the Raster with desired number and interval of classes.

Think Location
0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Then you can either use an attribute query (cumbersome) or if you are looking to create basic points, you can dissolve them by attribute. Using the dissolve tool and setting the tool to dissolve the points by attribute will give a unique set of points based on each unique attribute value. However, the dissolve tool will make it to where the all the points that share that unique attribute value will dissolve into one unique record pertaining to that attribute value.

The only other alternative, since you are using depth, is to use the Aggregate Points tool(GeoAnalytics). This may help identify points based on created polygons with common attribute values.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Help topics provide other information.

XY Table To Point (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and there are tutorials on most topics in the help files

Create points from a table—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

as well as symbology

Point symbols—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

You have all the key words... the help files will answer most of your questions.

A good url to bookmark

ArcGIS Pro help—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...