Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you edit the appearance of leader lines in ArcGIS Pro?

05-10-2018 06:17 AM
KristynMcClure
New Contributor

In ArcGIS Desktop, you can easily edit leader line symbols of labels or annotations. It doesn't seem to be as easy (or even possible at all) in ArcGIS Pro. I'm specifically trying to make the leader lines in ArcGIS Pro be angled like the ones in capture1, attached, but I can't figure out how to edit them. It seems there is one default (a straight arrow, see capture2) and you can't change the style anywhere... Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

14 Replies
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

I know it's been a year, but have you been able to change where the leader "connects" to the label? Do we know if there's a way to have two leaders from one label?

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Unfortunately no, but would love to know if there's a way. There are times where a leader line would definitely be useful to me but not without control over that connection point with the label portion.

There is an incredibly popular idea related to 'double' leader lines that I just came across: multiple leaders from a single label (i.e. "label ... - Esri Community

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

There is also this idea that deals with adding more anchor points to the label portion, but doesn't necessarily mention customization/user control. Leader lines should have anchor points at horizont... - Esri Community

RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

@wayfaringrob Thanks! I've followed and Kudo'd those other ideas.

0 Kudos
GavinHook
New Contributor

Hiya. Annotation under Modify Features works for editing leaders etc.

0 Kudos