Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Rule Calculation

Jump to solution
07-26-2023 08:24 AM
klewis47
Emerging Contributor

Hi, 

I'm trying to make an immediate calculation rule for an attribute table that is associated to the polygon feature. I have the field selected, the expression worked when checked it, and I have the triggers insert and update selected. But when select a polygon and view my table the field value return null. Does anyone know how to fix this, or what I'm doing wrong?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

The rule will only execute if you add a new feature or update an existing one. Make a change to one of the features or add a new feature to see if the rule executes then you can copy the expression and use the calculate field option in the attribute table to update all of the remaining records in the table rather than editing them all to trigger the rule. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Once selected, did you make a change (update) to the data so that the rule fires?

R_

SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

The rule will only execute if you add a new feature or update an existing one. Make a change to one of the features or add a new feature to see if the rule executes then you can copy the expression and use the calculate field option in the attribute table to update all of the remaining records in the table rather than editing them all to trigger the rule. 

MaryK
by
Emerging Contributor

I'm having a similar issue, set up a calculation rule, verified the expression, selected insert as trigger, saved it and then created a new feature. The field in the new feature that I applied the attribute rule to still remains "Null". Is there a lag maybe? 

0 Kudos
MaryK
by
Emerging Contributor

For anyone interested, I am having success with this attribute rule now, after selecting both the "insert" AND "update" triggers. 

0 Kudos