ArcPro Snapping Issues with Creating New Features and Editing Vertices

Jump to solution
04-19-2022 02:12 PM
Labels (2)
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

I know I’m beating a dead horse when I ask this but is anybody else having problems with features not snapping properly to other features already existing in a project in ArcPro (2.9.2)? I’ll give more specific details in a bit I just wanted to provide some background in hopes it might help trigger an answer.  Our county is wanting to migrate from ArcMap to ArcPro later on this year and before we completely abandoned ArcMap I wanted to get some of our essential workflows operational on ArcPro first.  One of our workflows includes drawing in Driveways to connect Site Address Points to on the roadways then create a point for Address Points which shows the entrance of a driveway for our EMS offices.

When I go to create a driveway I snap it the Site Address Point (depicted as a green box) then proceed to draw it to the road way where it appears to also snap at the roadway. (See Figure A).  However, when I select Finish or hit F2 or click elsewhere on the map, the driveway “unsnaps” itself from the Site Address Point and the roadway. (See Figure B). The same thing happens when I attempt to Edit Vertices.  Snapping is turned on and I’ve restarted the project multiple times with no luck.  What am I missing here?

GrantCountyGISSup_0-1650402327638.pngGrantCountyGISSup_1-1650402342699.png

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

Well I contacted ESRI and they did a great job with trouble shooting the issue, essentially I created the issue when I first created my ArcPro project and didn't load the correct coordinate system in.  I was using NAD 1983 (2011) WISCRS Grant instead of NAD 1983 HARN Wisconsin CRS Grant.  My initial thoughts were it was a projection issue but just quickly glancing at it I thought I had the correct one.  Hope this helps someone else in my shoes!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

After re-reading, it doesn't seem to be the same behavior, but it's hard to know without data and exact steps (or video) to know for sure. Again, I recommend working with Esri Technical Support for further investigation.

0 Kudos
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

Well I contacted ESRI and they did a great job with trouble shooting the issue, essentially I created the issue when I first created my ArcPro project and didn't load the correct coordinate system in.  I was using NAD 1983 (2011) WISCRS Grant instead of NAD 1983 HARN Wisconsin CRS Grant.  My initial thoughts were it was a projection issue but just quickly glancing at it I thought I had the correct one.  Hope this helps someone else in my shoes!