Snapping Issue ArcGIS Pro 2.9

Jump to solution
01-12-2022 10:32 AM
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

I've noticed since updating to 2.9 that snapping seems to be more tempromental compared to older versions.  I'm finding in editing now, that snapping sometimes won't work when I'm trying to snap from one line feature to another.

When this happens, I just need to hit <ESC> and retry and usually it works, if not I just may need to move the end point of the line close by, commit it and then try and re-snap and is works.

Not sure if it's something others have found when editing in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 at all or not?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@PeteJordan Thanks for reporting the issue to Support and providing the reproducible steps. For others that might come across this issue, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can make sure your specific workflow matches the description of the following bug:

[BUG-000147089 Snapping stops working after using the Edit Vertices or Move tool with a specific workflow]

More info: Snapping can temporarily stop working for the Edit Vertices or Move tools if an edit is finished by activating another tool like the Select tool instead of using F2 or by clicking the finish button on the edit toolbar.

This bug will be fixed in the next version of ArcGIS Pro (3.0) Until then, to avoid the issue, be sure to finish edits using any of the following methods:

• Clicking finish on the edit toolbar (bottom of the map)
  • Hitting F2 on the keyboard
  • Clicking off the edited feature (somewhere else on the map)

If it should happen, to get snapping back, click on the Active Select tool on the Modify Features pane:

Scott_Harris_0-1645565028095.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DenverBilling
New Contributor III

I've been having this issue as well since the upgrade.

I also have an issue where the cursor won't grab a vertex and reverts to the selection rectangle rather than grabbing the intended vertex. This happens with the Move Tool as well. Frustrating since the tool has to re-initialize before I can try again.

Glad you found something that works for you.

PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

Ok good, I didn't know if it was just me having that weird anomaly since upgrading to 2.9 or not.  Seems to be a new bug then.  I have submitted a bug report...

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@PeteJordan Thanks for reporting the issue to Support and providing the reproducible steps. For others that might come across this issue, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can make sure your specific workflow matches the description of the following bug:

[BUG-000147089 Snapping stops working after using the Edit Vertices or Move tool with a specific workflow]

More info: Snapping can temporarily stop working for the Edit Vertices or Move tools if an edit is finished by activating another tool like the Select tool instead of using F2 or by clicking the finish button on the edit toolbar.

This bug will be fixed in the next version of ArcGIS Pro (3.0) Until then, to avoid the issue, be sure to finish edits using any of the following methods:

• Clicking finish on the edit toolbar (bottom of the map)
  • Hitting F2 on the keyboard
  • Clicking off the edited feature (somewhere else on the map)

If it should happen, to get snapping back, click on the Active Select tool on the Modify Features pane:

Scott_Harris_0-1645565028095.png