ArcPro not letting me save field view

Jump to solution
09-06-2017 08:55 AM
DrewD
by
New Contributor III

While in field view I turn off/on certain fields, however when I go to save this change it doesn't let me.

Then when I try to exit from the field view tab I see this.

Is there another way to turn off and on field visibility? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Drew, do you have any active feature edits that are not saved under the map view?

If there are outstanding unsaved edits under the map view then Pro wont let you make changes to the attribute table under the table view. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Drew,

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  Also, what type of layer are you working with (i.e. enterprise geodatabase feature class, shapefile, feature service)?

0 Kudos
DrewD
by
New Contributor III

I'm working with ArcPro 2.0.0, working on a polygon layer within a file gdb

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Is this reproducible on other feature classes in the same File Geodatabase?  In a different File Geodatabase?  In a new ArcGIS Pro Project?

0 Kudos
DrewD
by
New Contributor III

Yes, it happens on every layer in my FGDB (including different geometry types). I have not tried with another FGDB however

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Somewhat strange... but here is the scoop

Toggle the field off.. unchecking Read Only if necessary.

Save your edits otherwise you get the warning

Close the table

Open the table and the field should be hidden.

Otherwise, just right-click on the field name, and 'hide' field.  this isn't permanent and the field will reappear when reopened.

DrewD
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

The issue for me is that I am unable to save after making any changes, but the popup warning confirms that changes have been made, despite the save button being greyed out

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I would try another File Geodatabase to see if it's something specific with this geodatabase.  Also, 2.0.1 is available for ArcGIS Pro.  I would recommend upgrading to that version by clicking Project > About.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Forgot to mention... I was using 2.0.1....

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Drew, do you have any active feature edits that are not saved under the map view?

If there are outstanding unsaved edits under the map view then Pro wont let you make changes to the attribute table under the table view.