ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-27-2021 11:58 AM
SaidDouai1
New Contributor II

does anyone know why the symbol of my layers turn to a letters instead?

I will appreciate you feedback.

Thanks all

SaidDouai1_0-1611777454640.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello @SaidDouai1 , 

Is this a custom symbology that you just added to ArcGIS Pro or have you had it added and are now seeing letters? If you are just now adding custom symbology, there is also a TrueType font file that contains the actual images for the symbology and needs to be installed on your machine.  That could be something to double check. 

Best,

Amber 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My guess is the symbols were originally based on a custom font that is no longer available, and Pro is defaulting to the same character in whatever the default font is in your settings.

If you could provide more information and maybe a screenshot from the Symbology pane, that would be helpful in figuring out what's going on.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SaidDouai1
New Contributor II

SaidDouai1_0-1611779619790.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And can you go into the actual symbology pane for one of the symbols and see what its settings are? Is it a Font marker?

jCarlson_0-1611780263786.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SaidDouai1
New Contributor II

SaidDouai1_0-1611839230208.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And now click "Font"?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello @SaidDouai1 , 

Is this a custom symbology that you just added to ArcGIS Pro or have you had it added and are now seeing letters? If you are just now adding custom symbology, there is also a TrueType font file that contains the actual images for the symbology and needs to be installed on your machine.  That could be something to double check. 

Best,

Amber