ArcGIS Pro not importing installed Python modules

Jump to solution
08-03-2021 08:19 AM
Labels (1)
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I have installed packages in a cloned environment using the Python Package Manager within ArcGIS Pro. The modules are showing up in the 'Installed Packages' section and everything looks fine: 

MollyMoore_0-1628003273321.png

However, it's not finding the modules when I try to import in Pro:

import pyodbc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyodbc'

This is happening with all installed packages. They used to work fine before upgrading Pro. I have restarted Pro, double-checked that the correct cloned environment is initialized, and tried installing the packages in a new cloned environment after upgrading Pro.

Anyone else having this issue? Anything I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Great. I just got a new laptop so I’ll install 2.8.2 today!

That should just about do it....
RobertHolliday
New Contributor III

Tech support verified the bug I reported, BUG-000141015, and added a link to the bug in the support case. I have not had a chance to verify if 2.8.2 does indeed fix the problem.

A quick search of the 2.8.2 "issues addressed" page does not find BUG-000141015.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I upgraded to 2.8.2 yesterday.  Had a little hiccup with a clone but I got past this morning.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry for the confusion on this one @RobertHolliday As I noted in a comment yesterday, the bug was incorrectly marked as fixed in 2.9 which is why it did not make it into the 2.8.2 release notes.  The Status and Version Fixed have been corrected and can be seen on support.esri.com https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0MTAxNQ==

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that this may have caused.

0 Kudos
MartyRyan
New Contributor III

Please help - I am working in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 and have installed the 2.9 Deep Learning Libraries. In attempting any import function, I get an error: One example:

MartyRyan_0-1647267620995.png

Another:

MartyRyan_1-1647267764892.png

What is this file it is looking for in the cachetools file? (I am not well-versed in Python, so this is massively confusing) I am attempting to trains a Deep learning model in a Notebook and cannot get past the first cell, which uses a function it accepted before. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

JoeBorgione_0-1629213485839.pngJoeBorgione_1-1629213529236.png