Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Layout Scale Bar

Jump to solution
03-14-2018 03:32 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Arcgis Pro v 2.12

I'd like to size a scale bar so the divisions are divisible by 5.  I can get:

And all I want is 0,5,10,15,20 miles....  

Also, is it me or does the select map element tool just not work?

That should just about do it....
13 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It looks like you're working with Northridge tutorial data/project?  Can you insert a new layout, add just a map frame (not from a scene), then maybe a quick legend, scale bar and test selecting those?  If that doesn't work, open a new project, use your own data, create a quick layout and test selecting elements.  I want to see if it might be something about the Northridge project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Will do.  I was planning to create something later today with my own data; I'm thinking maybe the 3D stuff is contributing to the sluggishness.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Joe.  I think it could be - this isn't to say that we don't want the development team to take a look and understand if there is an issue, but I seem to remember seeing some performance issues previously with the Northridge layout... So I'll dig in a bit deeper on our side to see if that is in the backlog and if you could follow up with what you find about working with the layout select tools in another layout, that would be great.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Kory Kramer

Kory-  Added a new layout to the Northridge Project with just the 2D map frame added.  After adding a north arrow, legend and scale bar I am still unable to select using a select tool.  I also added some of my own data to a whole new project.  Same thing; can't select with any select tool

Something else I noticed is  if I select an element from the contents pane, the grab handles for that element appear, and there is a message in the lower right corner telling me 1 element is selected.  But.... I can use the select tool to unselect the element with a single click anywhere in the layout; at least the grab handles disappear but the message still says one element selected and the Clear Selection button in the Elements group is still available. Obviously that element is still selected.  Perhaps that is how it's supposed to work?  We should probably move this to a new discussion, rather than adding to this question thread.

0 Kudos