ArcGIS Pro - Failed to create bookmark.

Jump to solution
07-14-2015 05:58 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

Creating bookmarks in ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2?

I am following steps outlined here Bookmarks—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Professionals and getting this error. Is this a known bug?

Capture.PNG

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

All,

There is a known issue with this - it can happen if you're on a machine or view that's quite large (for instance if you're running a 4k monitor, or you're using the "Make Text and Other Items Larger or Smaller") or even if you span a view across multiple monitors.  IT's specifically related to thumbnail creation at large view sizes. 

We fixed this issue in daily builds of Pro, so you'll see the fix in Pro 1.4 when that is released later this year.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

I just tried the same steps mentioned in that link and it worked for me. However I used ArcGIS Pro 1.1 beta, as I don't have the ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2 available right away.

I'll check on ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2 and update here, if possible.

Meanwhile, try with some other data and on another machine maybe.

0 Kudos
PaulDoherty3
Occasional Contributor

@ASenGupta-esristaff - any luck replicating this? It has come up again on my end here in New Zealand. Let me know if you would like me to contact support@esri.com.

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Paul Doherty​  Asrujit SenGupta I am a new solutions engineer out of the Philadelphia office.  I am a seasoned veteran to ArcMap and older ESRI products, but new to ArcGIS Pro.

Utilizing ArcGIS Pro 1.2

I was following Create a map—Get Started with ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS

I got the same error message.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Paul Doherty​ Sorry for the delayed response. Somehow I missed your post.

Yes, please contact Esri Tech Support, so that they can test this behavior and document it, in case this is already not documented as a Defect.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Paul Doherty​ and Alexander Brown

I tried again...just to check and am still unable to reproduce the issue. I used ArcGIS Pro 1.2.0 and create Bookmarks w/o any issues.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5

I will go ahead and submit an official support ticket when I get a chance. 

~Alex

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

All,

There is a known issue with this - it can happen if you're on a machine or view that's quite large (for instance if you're running a 4k monitor, or you're using the "Make Text and Other Items Larger or Smaller") or even if you span a view across multiple monitors.  IT's specifically related to thumbnail creation at large view sizes. 

We fixed this issue in daily builds of Pro, so you'll see the fix in Pro 1.4 when that is released later this year.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

LeonardOlyott
New Contributor II

thanks Jeremy, 100% correct, I was running on the 4K screen, moved Pro to the laptop screen and hey presto, bookmarks fine!

AlexanderBrown5

Paul Doherty​  I did a clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro (including my registry), reinstalled and now I have no problems creating a bookmark.

~Alex