Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro connect to snowflake verified but no tables showing

01-12-2024 03:40 AM
Labels (1)
DanHardwick
New Contributor III

I have successfully validated a database connection to a snowflake server, and I can see the different databases available, so I believe the connection properties are correct, but when I try open the connection via Catalog, no tables are returned. 

DanHardwick_0-1705059529033.png

I followed the below guidance:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/databases/connect-snowflake.htm

Currently using: ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.0, Snowflake ODBC client 3.1.4

I also have the connection working in ArcGIS Online, so the issue I have is with ArcGIS Pro specifically. Any ideas please? 

5 Replies
HCFCDGIS
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue, did you ever find a solution to this @DanHardwick ?

0 Kudos
MadelineWhitted
New Contributor

I'm also experiencing this same issue. 

0 Kudos
dmorales
New Contributor II

I, too, have successfully connected to Snowflake with ArcGIS Pro Database connection and created a query layer but no data was returned.   Also, I used python to connect to Snowflake and I was able to fetch data, create an in_memory table, and geocode. However, I'm only able to fetch 5000 records.  Script crashes ArcGIS Pro otherwise.   Didn't experience this issue when downloading data from Netezza.

0 Kudos
RafaelGil
Esri Contributor

Hi @DanHardwick It sounds as though you are encountering a known defect: "BUG-000167251 : Beginning with ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Snowflake data is no longer listed under new database connections."  Please contact Esri Support  so you can subscribe to this defect; doing so can help us understand the demand behind this bug. 

As a workaround, you can grant the connecting role the 'Select' privilege to any table with a shape field. If you do not have a table with a Shape field you can create a new table from your Snowflake console using the following SQL:

CREATE TABLE <SCHEMA_NAME>.SUPPORT.TestGEOG (id integer, shape GEOGRAPHY)

If you need assistance with the workaround, please feel free to message me directly 🙂.

DanHardwick
New Contributor III

Thanks @rafa , I am not sure if that work around will work for me, as the tables we are working with don't contain Shape fields, and we only have a READER account into the snowflake environment which we connect to, so I don't think we will have permissions to create the Shape fields either. 

That being said, I have successfully connected to the snowflake tables within the ArcGIS Pro data interoperability extension, so this has been a good workaround for me, and I just create the necessary outputs to then read into ArcGIS Pro. Appreciate this won't be an option for everyone though, but may help @dmorales  @MadelineWhitted  @HCFCDGIS