ArcGIS Pro 3.2 - Drawing Alerts - Returning STATE_ID Error when editing Polylines

Jump to solution
11-15-2023 12:31 PM
Labels (2)
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

I've upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and found when editing a Versioned Geodatabase located within SDE that I'm now getting this error now:

PeteJordan_0-1700079731406.png

Seems researching it, I'm just finding some information that it could be linked to a corruption of the database somehow or at least something with the linking of the table via SDE.

We've run some maintenance scripts as well as I've relinked the entire table as I have noticed that in 3.2 the New Database Connection has  changed it's look a little from 2.9.

I'm notcing this is happening with several different tools, not just one.  Such as creating a new feature, reshapping, etc.  So I'm not thinking it's directly related to Editing of the Versioned Geodatabase on SDE.

Any suggestions that I or the database side GIS guys can look at to try and resolve this issue?

I'm assuming it's from 3.2, but not 100% sure as I haven't worked in this database for a little over 2 weeks, but I did notice it after updating to 3.2 at least...

Thanks

76 Replies
AngelBarnett
New Contributor III

Where can we look up submitted bugs? The only one I can find related to the issue is BUG-000164308

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I was hoping the same Andrew, but in BUG-000165670 it was updated to say FIXED and that the issue is addressed in version 3.4! Considering 3.3 just released today, who knows when that release will be..

@christiemost Thank you for the info on what your bug is! Yes it seems that the issue only presents when you have multiple editing workspaces (versioned data and a hosted layer, FGDB, etc). And the issue seems to spawn when changes to the map are made when an editing session is active. The tech I worked with said even just changing the basemap could be that modification. Does the bug in My Esri tell you the status is fixed and provide a version fixed?

@AngelBarnett Unfortunately there is no place to look up the active list of bugs or enhancements, I would love to have this resource as well. Sometimes you can find them by Googling them, but not always. The only way to view active bugs is to submit a case to your Esri Support team and get them to attach the bug to your account, which I find myself doing frequently, the more people that officially state it is a problem, the more priority it can get (I assume/hope).

christiemost
New Contributor II

The status is Closed and it is labeled as a bug.  

0 Kudos
mhudson
New Contributor III

I will be contacting ESRI Technical Support today as we are having the same issue. Thank you everyone for staying on top of this and helping out the rest of the GIS community.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Just noted this morning BUG-000165670 and BUG-000163841 now included the issues are addressed in version 3.4 and 3.3.1.  Appears ESRI is planning an additional patch release before 3.4.

LanceCole_0-1718969567855.png

MaxKirschling
New Contributor II

This is extremely exciting news! Sadly I will not be able to update my ArcPro due to other dependencies within my organization. However, I am wondering if those who have updated to 3.3.1 can report if it has truly fixed this vexing issue?

0 Kudos
Shawnzeecatz
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I installed the 3.3.1 update yesterday and have been testing it since and so far so good. I haven't seen any further issues related to this BUG. If I see something I will let you know.

Thank you!