Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2 upgrade and problem with georeferenced maps and aerial photographs

04-10-2024 08:19 PM
AAW1
by
New Contributor

I recently upgraded from ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 to 3.2.2. Following the upgrade, I noticed that maps and aerial photographs that I had georeferenced in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 are projected incorrectly when displayed in the new version. They appear in the wrong location and their scale is incorrect. The location difference is on the order of hundreds of meters. When I open the same files in ArcMap 10.8.2, they display in the correct location and at the right scale.

I haven't seen reports of this issue from anyone else (although the comment at Issues with Pro recognizing esri Coordinate System... - Esri Community sounds like a similar problem), so I initially thought I caused the problem. Since the images are projected correctly in other versions, I think the problem is on ESRI's end.

It probably doesn't matter, but I work mostly with UTM zones in NAD83 (2011).

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertCao
Esri Contributor

Hello @AAW1 ,

I think you are running into this known software defect in this case BUG-000164582https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/arcgis-pro-321-does-not-display-a-previously-georeferen-bug-00016...

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos