ArcGIS Pro 2.5 Fails to Overwrite Web Layer - Staging Failed

02-10-2020 01:10 PM
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I have recently upgraded my ArcGIS Pro to 2.5, and it seems now that I am unable to overwrite layers I have published (we update publicly available data) only getting an area that staging failed.  The log says ErrorMessage: ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail.  Is this something anyone else is experiencing?  I was able to successfully overwrite layers on a co-workers PC who is still on 2.4.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
36 Replies
Javier_AntonioEscudero
Esri Contributor

I had had the same error when publishing a postgres feature class to AGOL until i changed the geodatabase connection to the dataowner.

I mean, the error happend when the connection on ArcGIS Pro was made with a user that was not the Dataowner.

0 Kudos
MichaelBuick
New Contributor

Has this been resolved by ESRI as i am also having an issue with staging failure when publishing from ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1 to ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

It has been, but I am getting other errors where I try to overwrite a large dataset from an enterprise geodatabase to AGOL and it errors with 000260.  It sucks because this is a layer that always changes (parcels) and I have to keep exporting the data to my local machine to overwrite the AGOL layer.

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

Good morning all, I wanted to follow up on this error.  The original issue was fixed, and it it is much appreciated!  But, on a few sde layers (using views) when I go to overwrite AGOL layers, I get a staging error 000260.  The only way I have been able to get my layer(s) to upload is to export them to my local machine then overwrite the existing web layer.  I hoping there is a way to fix this.  Any input is greatly appreciated!

The error code is posted below:

WalidAlmasri1_0-1607539283826.png

MaryamPanji
New Contributor III

Hi Walid,

I am getting the same error. Have you found a way to solve this issue without exporting them into a local geodatabase?

Maryam

WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

No solution other than downloading local and overwriting it that way.  I thought maybe an issue with the data, but that's not the case.  It's random and sort of rare when it happens, but only happens on enterprise data.

0 Kudos
PowellGIS
New Contributor

I am now getting this error...first time. I am the owner of all data as well. Anyone else recently - or is continuing with those who originally posted? 

0 Kudos