ArcGIS Pro 2.5 Fails to Overwrite Web Layer - Staging Failed

02-10-2020 01:10 PM
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I have recently upgraded my ArcGIS Pro to 2.5, and it seems now that I am unable to overwrite layers I have published (we update publicly available data) only getting an area that staging failed.  The log says ErrorMessage: ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail.  Is this something anyone else is experiencing?  I was able to successfully overwrite layers on a co-workers PC who is still on 2.4.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
36 Replies
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I did some more testing with 2.5.  I was actually unable to publish any layers using 2.5 to our Portal or to our AGOL account.  This included trying to overwrite the layers.   I must have published all our layers prior to me updating.  

I downgraded to 2.4 and it appears to be working fine again.

So far, 2.5 will be a no go for us.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are you able to open a case with TS on this? I am not seeing the same issue with 2.5

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I have not tried to open a case, but it might be something worth doing if others are experiencing it too..  It's interesting you don't have the same experience.

But clearly for me, everything is fine in 2.4, 2.5 nope...

0 Kudos
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

I also am unable to publish or overwrite in 2.5. "Staging failed" every time. I don't want to downgrade, but I can't get my work done if this persists...

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

delete

0 Kudos
NathanRenn1
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue as well. I have a script that will update services and it is now failing, tried manually overwriting service and same problem...

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Walid Almasri‌ and Nathan Renn‌ are you able to open a case with tech support? I'm not seeing this issue on several different installs, and I'm using the  GUI and scripts. There may be a software conflict that is affecting many ESRI customers, but we'll never know what it is. 

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

Thomas Colson my account(s) don't have privileges to open cases with ESRI.  But, I would be curious to know if Nathan Renn‌ is using Windows 7 too.  I noticed ESRI dropped support on 7 with v.2.5 of ArcGIS Pro.

That's the only thing that stands out to me.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have access to any Windows 10 machines at your org?