ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Crashes With Related Tables

03-18-2019 09:53 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

There are several ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crash threads, and I'm adding another one just as an FYI.  I'm getting ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1 to crash consistently when I select  a record in a table that has Automatically select related data turned on.  I have a small summary table (10 records) that is related to a table of 5600 +- records (1 to Many).  I don't get the crashes when I manually toggle the Related Data option:

(this method seems to work just fine...)

Kory Kramer

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How did you setup Pro to automatically select related data?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/tables/automatically-select-related-records.htm

Saves you a few mouse clicks...  

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Joe, I apologize that you've experienced a crash. Did you submit the error reports with a valid email address?  I searched the database and don't see anything submitted related to this.  Here is a bit more about the process: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners 

If you have a consistently reproducible crash it would be best to get that logged as a bug with support.  Otherwise, look for Patch 2 which should be available later this week (no guarantees that it would address what you're seeing as we haven't analyzed it, but there are a lot of fixes in Patch 2 for ArcGIS Pro 2.3).

Cheers

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Kory. I'll run the process again today and submit a crash report or two.

fast forward to being at the office:  Naturally when I try it today, everything is just peachy.  No crash at start up, no crashes with two different relates.  That's one of the more annoying aspects of ArcGIS Pro:  one day you love it, the next you hate it.  Yesterday I was a hater.  Today I'm a lover...

But....  From here on out, when I get a crash you can count on a report with my email....

Kory Kramer

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Well, I'm glad it's working now.  And yes, glad you'll commit to sending error reports with email and description.  That is always helpful to the development team.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Kory:

Do you have an update on the next Pro patch release date v2.3.2?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KarlW
by
New Contributor III

Hi Kory,

Re: BUG-000108852 - Definition query validation incorrectly states no records were returned.

AGP 2.3.2 does not fix the issue where the Definition Query builder marks syntax that returns no records as invalid and will not allow you proceed.

Any help appropriated.

Thanks,

Karl

#arcgispro 2.3 bugs

0 Kudos