AGP v2.9 Create Locator tool: Change Input Field Names or Alias

05-03-2022 07:33 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have created a new Point Address locator, and it is working fine. The issue is the input field names that are in the US nomenclature, e.g. "City" instead of "Municipality", "Postal" instead of "Postal Code" etc.

Is there a way to change the input field names?

BenabdillahRajaa_3-1651587879016.png

Thanks,

Rajaa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Rajaa,

The REST endpoint you are showing above will always have the field names displayed, not the field aliases.  The REST page is meant for debugging and was never intended as something that would be localized which is why you just see the field names, not aliases.  When working in Pro you should see names that are localized based on the language pack and OS region so I would expect you would see the localized names if your operating system has Canada regional settings.

As you can see from the image below, the field aliases show up with US names instead of the generic names you see the in REST page.

BradNiemand_0-1651686830016.png

If you are creating your own application using the REST API, you can get the localized names for the inputs from the service description:

https://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer?f=pjson

Brad

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Brad for your response!

Where can I change the input fields aliases? I also see the US names instead of the generic names (image below).

Wondering if I can delete some of the input fields as well.

BenabdillahRajaa_0-1651687298373.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Rajaa,

There is no way to change the input field aliases but we can take this feedback and look into integrating it into our locators.  As for removing input fields, we have a standard set of input fields for all locators built with the Create Locator tool.  We don't exclude any and there is no way to do it on the user side without writing a custom app that only exposes the fields you want shown.

One other question.  Are you sure you have your operating system regional settings set to English (Canada)?  There are field aliases for State = Provence and Zip = Postal already and these should work as expected.

Brad

0 Kudos