Select to view content in your preferred language

After deleting a feature, it does not disappear.

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
GrégoireC
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

under ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 , after deleting a polygon feature, it does not disappear and stay displayed on the screen. I have to close and open ArcGIS Pro to refresh the screen...

GrgoireC_0-1720009151666.png

GrgoireC_1-1720009159281.png

GrgoireC_2-1720009167670.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrégoireC
Occasional Contributor

Now it's ok :

I had to recreate my ArcGIS Pro Project ( it was created under a previous version of ArcgGIS Pro) and it's seems to work correctly.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you check the layer's caching settings? Right-click and go to properties, there should be a sub-tab for caching. I often find this kind of thing happens due to the cache not being refreshed often enough.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
GrégoireC
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, good idea but after cleared the cache It's always the same problem, nothing change.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What about disabling caching entirely? Or saving, closing, and reopening the project?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
GrégoireC
Occasional Contributor

Yes, when I close ArcGIS PRo and reopen the projet it's ok. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Definitely the cache, then. I've only been able to deal with this by completely disabling caching.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Georgios-NektariosTselos
New Contributor III

Hello @GrégoireC , i suggest  to you to first to open the attribute table, then select by attributes and then you will see the feature selected both in  the map and the  attribute table. When you delete it from the attribute table i think your problem will be solved 

Best Regards

Georgios- Nektarios Tselos

GrégoireC
Occasional Contributor

the deleting works by row selection but when I do CTRL+Z (undo) it don't work so (displaying), even if I disable the cache.

Maybe I have to install the 3.3.1 patch..

Georgios-NektariosTselos
New Contributor III

Probable you should save the new attribute table after the delete. Another solution-idea which could help you is to duplicate the feature layer and then do the  procedure!

Best Regards

Georgios- Nektarios Tselos

RTPL_AU
Occasional Contributor III

Yes - I have encountered this behaviour too with lines in a FGDB. Just have not had time to fire up other computers (with older Pro versions) to double check or figure out what's going on. 

I could save edits, and refresh map to have deleted items disappear.