10.7.1 WebTool publishing error

07-24-2019 10:43 PM
MinShin
New Contributor III

Hi,

Our clients server has been upgraded to 10.7.1 and since then, WebTools are not functioning properly.

When I tried to publish new tools, it failed. After doing some research, we found this thread, https://community.esri.com/thread/236649-map-service-fails-to-publish-in-pro-24 and get PublishingToolsEx working and managed to publish tools.

However, those WebTools cannot be started. If I try to run it from Server Manger, it will get com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException.

Even bare minimum sample code from Esri documentation fails.

Is there anyone who can help us?

Regards,

Min 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AyyazMahmood-Paracha
New Contributor III

Hello Min,

Were you able to resolve this issue. 

Thanks and have a great weekend

Ayyaz

0 Kudos
MinShin
New Contributor III

Hi Ayyaz,

We weren't able to resolve the issue and ended up downgrading the server to 10.7.

Regards,
Min

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hi Min,

Have you tried using something like procmon on the WebTools SOC process?

You might be able to learn something about what it is trying to do when it fails. I recently had an issue where the SpatialAnalysisTools service did not start on a Linux deployment. By using a Linux equivalent of procmon we looked at the SOC process and found that it was trying to connect to ArcGIS Online but was failing because, while the connection could be made to ArcGIS Online, network configuration prevented getting a response, hence the service start up timed out.

Regards,
Mark
MinShin
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

No, I haven't try that. We shall try this on our next attampt to upgrade when that happens.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AyyazMahmood-Paracha
New Contributor III

Hi Min and Mark, 

Thanks for your replies and help. I appreciate your help. I am also stuck in the same problem on Centos 7. 

Mark Donnelly‌, I have one question, which tool / command you exactly used to analyse your SOC process in Linux. 

Thanks again and I really appreciate your help,

Have a great day,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello Ayyaz,

I wrote a blog about this just because it was an interesting case:

https://community.esri.com/people/MDonnellyesriaustralia-com-au-esridist/blog/2020/05/28/spatialanal... 

Look through the SOC processes for the service you are interested and grab its process id then feed it into lsof -p <process id>.

Mark

Regards,
Mark
AyyazMahmood-Paracha
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark Donnelly‌ for your help. 

I really appreciate your help. 

I shall keep you guys posted

Ayyaz

AyyazMahmood-Paracha
New Contributor III

Hi Mark Donnelly‌ and Min Shin‌, 

As promised, I am coming back to you. 

I did some testing, finally the problem is resolved "temporarily". Our deployment was 10.7.1 on CentOS 7.4. 

While using the method mentioned by Mark, I verifed and effectively there is one query which goes to arcgisonline while using alias amazon. 

Our deployment is disconnected environment. So that HTTP query is not authorized. 

Well I check my resolv.conf, I check that local DNS was configured 

nameserver     XXX.XXX.XXX.XX

I commented the line and gave a fake value 

nameserver     127.0.0.1 (knowngly that there is no DNS service on the localhost). 

By modifying this value, the HTTP query towards Amazon disappaered and services (PubslishingToolsEx, CachingToolsEx, etc. ) started correctly. 

For the time being, we decided to not to use DNS but hosts file to resolve addresses.

Hope this might can help. Thanks Mark again for your help. 

Have a great day guys

Ayyaz

farzad2004
New Contributor

Many thanks dear Ayyaz and Mark. We had this issue and spend 1 week on it with checking almost everything with no success. Finally I came across this post and the root cause of our issue was the same. Words cannot convey my gratitude for finally resolving this annoying issue 🙂

0 Kudos