X-Ray for ArcGIS Pro

07-03-2017 07:57 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use X-Ray for ArcCatalog(http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae) a lot and this functionality would be great as an add in for ArcGIS Pro. 

60 Comments
SRKPRASAD1

Having X-Ray for Pro is an absolutely required

TheLorrnelGroupGIS

It would be great if XRay for ArcPro could read and modify attribute rules.

LukeSavage

@TheLorrnelGroupGIS  Absolutely, that is certainly a necessity.  Constraint Values as well.

LoraTurner

Super glad to see this under consideration and the community really needs this as higher priority.   Data dictionaries are essential to users and the X-ray tool is needed in ArcPro.  A tool to create an html document of the data dictionary for our geodatabases are valued and enables common language with our many partners.    

Sincerely, Lora Turner

AryamanB_EGS

Thank you for considering this tool as a part of the ArcGIS Pro toolset. Very efficient and handy tool. Would be a useful addition to ArcGIS Pro! 

AhmedSamirElMekawy

It's a must as long other tools like to document database schema is not working

MavTucker

Another voice saying this is a necessary tool. Data dictionaries created by X-ray are my CORE document for most projects and vital for accurate and clear communication.

JoeBryant1

This is an absolute must for my work. We are assisting many utilities that are migrating databases, integrating with new asset management systems, and considering migrating to the utility network. I use it even when just setting up a new database for field work.

Besides the functionality of X-Ray, please include the visualization. A picture is worth a thousand words! Please give ArcGIS Pro users a way to display the hierarchy view of the databases they are designing so they can convey the information to non-GIS people.

MaksMaia

Acho totalmente necessário esse complemento. Não consigo compreender qual a dificuldade da ESRI em dar continuidade a essa ferramenta que se fez tão presente no mundo dos usuários de GIS do ArcGIS. 

jessneuner

Happy to see the team is working on this and the update in February that some schema reporting tools are in the works.  Doing my best to patiently wait for this much needed capability. 

Thanks to the others on this thread that have shared their solutions -- we are currently trying to figure out how we are going to keep a data dictionary / catalog up to date for our organization.