Webmaps - a 'turn all popups on' button

07-25-2016 10:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know changing layer order or number of layers completely ruins a webmap and removes all its popups but this time just changing the name in one layer in the mxd's TOC mulched it. I had thought that was fine, I think I remember doing it before and being ok. No!  Seriously we need a "turn all popups on" button for a service, in the webmap in AGOL. It would save days a year clicking Enable Popup.. then waiting, because it snaps all the way to the top, and then back down... then up.. then down.  Yes Server 10.3 allegedly fixes the layerID thing but still.. for us poor souls on 10.2 and below a turn all popups on would be so, so nice.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

perhaps you might want to consider posting an idea ArcGIS Ideas

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dan, it looks like the issue may be solved by upgrading to 10.3 or beyond for ArcGIS Server

Yes Server 10.3 allegedly fixes the layerID thing but still.. for us poor souls on 10.2 and below a turn all popups on would be so, so nice

I am thinking that other than upgrading, the only solution is to do all the manual and painful labor... (Or hire a intern or cheap college student to do it...)

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good idea, pun intended. Created: https://community.esri.com/ideas/12405

With 103. this would still be helpful, if you initially want to turn popups on for all layers ( a very likely, if not the most likely, use case) and have dozens or hundreds of sublayers (not that uncommon) it's still a chore, and it snaps to the top each time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is Assumed Answered but remains an issue -- Esri will it get Consideration?  It remains a large portion of time I spend creating sites in WebApp Builder, hours of clicking "Enable Popup". 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

since it isn't a bug... but an enhancement request, then you can only support the idea, but that would be for current versions..., 10.2 I think has reached the end of its life cycle.  I suspect when the 'support' gets into the 'gray zone', you can't expect enhancements or back porting of functionality.

Esri Support 10.4 (10.4.1) 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not related to server versions.   Yes, it would be far more useful to us with 10.2 - but it would also be very useful when first publishing a service with hundreds of layers with 10.4. 

0 Kudos