Unable to add Shapefile in zipped format

12-16-2011 12:51 AM
FaisalAziz
New Contributor
I am trying to add a point theme shapefile after compressed it into a zip format in Map viewer but everytime it gives an error "Unable to import this shapefile". if I add the file in csv format then it gives an error "File does not seem to contain fields with point coordinates".
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
JamesLabate
New Contributor II
Jim,

Can you share your file here so we can try it out?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
Better late than never - shortly after posting i realized I'd been reflexively zipping all files into an auto-generated folder (as many of us seem naturally to do while sleepwalking through using the winzip tool). Once the shp was zipped in the root it uploaded fine.
Appreciate the response,
Jim
0 Kudos
JoshCoefer2
New Contributor
I am suddenly having a similar issue - getting the "Unable to add Shapefile" error when uploading the zip file.  The strange thing is that I was able to upload these same shapefiles yesterday with no issues.  I have uploaded shapefiles as .zip to arcgis.com many times in the past and have never had this problem.  There are only a few hundred records...
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, we are currently experiencing problems adding shapefiles to web maps. it's not working. We hope to have this resolved shortly.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
AustinRidgely
New Contributor
I have been tring to upload files this afternoon for a presentation tomorrow please and have too been getting the unable to load file.  Please post when the problem is fixed.
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
I have been tring to upload files this afternoon for a presentation tomorrow please and have too been getting the unable to load file.  Please post when the problem is fixed.

Austin, this issue should be resolved now.
0 Kudos
SidneyNovoa
New Contributor
Hi,

I have the same problem when I tried to load my shapefiles. I'm sharing the file in case someone can help me.
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
What browser are you using?

I am able to successfully add your Shapefile to the Map Viewer.
http://bit.ly/1h1cxe6

Thanks,

Kelly
0 Kudos
andreaseleftheriou
New Contributor

I am cannot upload this zip file.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I am also unable to upload a zipped shapefile.  I have no extra folders that I can see.  I don't see now to attach the files here.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Try uploading the shapefile to ArcGIS Online without publishing it as a hosted feature service. Then share the item with everyone and share the link with this post.

0 Kudos