Select to view content in your preferred language

Related Records in Hosted Feature Service in Map Viewer - can't add to Form?

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 12:33 PM
Labels (1)
AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I am following this blog post: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/introducing-related-record-editing-i... 

In my Forms I see the new 'Related records' element at the bottom. Unfortunately, when I expand the arrow down, I see "No related records available. Create new related records in ArcGIS Pro'.

AndreaB__0-1699561752858.png

Well that's not true because I have a related record and I also configured to see it in my pop ups!

AndreaB__1-1699561900916.png

soo, is this a bug? or anyone else have this problem and a way to solve it?

Thank you,

Andrea

0 Kudos
19 Replies
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@AndreaB_you should be able to achieve the same deletion prevention by making it a simple relationship, not composite. The latter will delete any child features when the parent is deleted, the former (which is the default choice) only deletes the parent feature.

There is not an idea already that I am aware of. I'll pass the feedback to the team as well, but creating an ideas post in AGOL would be great to gain more traction.

AndreaB_

Thanks. Here is the new idea post I created: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/map-viewer-forms-related-records-support-for-table... 

Yeah, so in a simple relationship the table record will remain but I should have said -  the foreign key will be changed to Null, introducing errors into the foreign key field. Understandably more of a problem with 1:M not so much in a 1:1, but still. I tested it with my data and a table record with the foreign key field changed to Null wouldn't help much if you were trying to tie it back to your data for some reason. That Esri documentation on this was helpful - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/data/relationships/relationship-class-properties.htm

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
MDB_GIS
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having this same issue, but I believe I have the relationship configured with the feature as the parent. Would you be able to assist me with this?

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@MDB_GISWhat is the relationship and how did you set it up in Pro?

0 Kudos
MDB_GIS

It's a one to many relationship and I did set it up in Pro. 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Can you share the public service here please? Then I can take a look @MDB_GIS 

0 Kudos
MDB_GIS

I will DM it to you shortly!

0 Kudos
AnatoliHailemariam
New Contributor II

@AndreaB_ were you able to configure portal related data feature service in AGOL map? attempted that but limited success on my end.

when using portal related data feature service in AGO map, in the form builder, i dont see the "related records" section to configure the form for the related table.

0 Kudos
AndreaB_

Hi @AnatoliHailemariam, I didn't go further with this yet because we have to change the direction of our Related tables. We have it related from the Table to the Feature Class and it doesn't work that way. I confirmed it with Esri tech support. So when we change our relationship class direction (to from Feature Class to destination - Table) then it should work. So look at the direction of your relationship class.

0 Kudos
AnatoliHailemariam
New Contributor II

Tnx @AndreaB_ 

I understand the direction matters and inmy case the origin is the feature and destination is table.  to be clear here are the steps I took

1. create relationship class in pro ( feature origin and table destination : one to many )

2. published that to portal for arcgis 10.9.1

3. add the url of that published feature layer with related table in AGOL map ( not portal map)

4. go to forms section in agol map and no related records as it is shown in my screen capture of previous comment

on the other hand 

1. create relationship class in pro ( feature origin and table destination : one to many )

2. publish it to AGOL

3. add the url of that published feature layer with related table in AGOL map

4. go to forms section in agol map and now I am able to see the related record section and ready to config the form

So, using portal hosted relationship class in agol map to configure form ultimately to edit the relationship isn't supported?

0 Kudos