Select to view content in your preferred language

Related Records in Hosted Feature Service in Map Viewer - can't add to Form?

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 12:33 PM
Labels (1)
AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I am following this blog post: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/introducing-related-record-editing-i... 

In my Forms I see the new 'Related records' element at the bottom. Unfortunately, when I expand the arrow down, I see "No related records available. Create new related records in ArcGIS Pro'.

AndreaB__0-1699561752858.png

Well that's not true because I have a related record and I also configured to see it in my pop ups!

AndreaB__1-1699561900916.png

soo, is this a bug? or anyone else have this problem and a way to solve it?

Thank you,

Andrea

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Alright, from taking a look at the service you sent me @AndreaB_ you actually have relationship configured where the table is the parent and the feature is the child.

bbollin_0-1699895931599.png

Currently this is not supported in AGOL, but may be something we consider adding support for in the future. I would suggest swapping the order of the relationship so it goes from feature - table. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AndreaB_

Thanks. Here is the new idea post I created: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/map-viewer-forms-related-records-support-for-table... 

Yeah, so in a simple relationship the table record will remain but I should have said -  the foreign key will be changed to Null, introducing errors into the foreign key field. Understandably more of a problem with 1:M not so much in a 1:1, but still. I tested it with my data and a table record with the foreign key field changed to Null wouldn't help much if you were trying to tie it back to your data for some reason. That Esri documentation on this was helpful - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/data/relationships/relationship-class-properties.htm

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Andrea

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing. To assist you further, could you  provide additional details? 

Are you referring to a feature-to-feature or feature-to-table relationship? 

When adding the related record element to the form, are you configuring the form for the parent feature or the child feature?

0 Kudos
AndreaB_

Hi @EmilyGeo,

Thanks for the reply. It is a feature-to-table relationship. I was configuring the form for the parent feature.

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Is this a 1-1, 1-M, or M-M cardinality @AndreaB_ 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Also, would you be able to share your data with us so we can take a closer look

AndreaB_

Sure, I took out most of the attributes so I can share it. It's a test layer anyway with just one feature and one record. How do you want me to share?

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@AndreaB_you can send me a direct message with the service, shared publicly

AndreaB_

Hi @bbollin

This is a 1-1. Thank you.

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Alright, from taking a look at the service you sent me @AndreaB_ you actually have relationship configured where the table is the parent and the feature is the child.

bbollin_0-1699895931599.png

Currently this is not supported in AGOL, but may be something we consider adding support for in the future. I would suggest swapping the order of the relationship so it goes from feature - table. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndreaB_

Hi @bbollin,

Thanks for figuring that out. I think we have our geodatabase relationship set up table as parent and feature as child to preserve the table records in case the feature is deleted - as described in this best practice help documentation. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/data/relationships/relationship-class-properties.htm 

AndreaB__0-1699906307286.png

For this particular case, I was just testing the new AGOL functionality and I'm not sure our workflow would use hosted feature services and editing features in that hosted relationship. I think if we need this functionality it would be more likely an Enterprise Portal related data feature service in an AGOL map. So we await that future enhancement to be available some day. 

I would add my strong support for table - feature relationships in AGOL also. Is there an Idea already posted somewhere that you know of?

Thanks!

0 Kudos