Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups not working in Map Viewer

04-20-2023 09:18 AM
Triflight
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a web map created in ArcGIS Online where the pop-ups for one of the layers does not work. When clicked on, instead of the pop-up popping up nothing happens. The other layers on the map have their pop-ups working correctly.

The problem layer in question has pop-ups turned on and they are custom configured to display a select number of fields & it uses an Arcade expression for the title.

When using the map in the Field Maps mobile app and selecting a feature from this layer, the custom configured pop-up works and can be viewed. When viewing the map in Map Viewer Classic, the custom configured pop-up works and can be viewed. When viewing the map in Experience Builder using the map widget, the issue persists and the pop-ups do not work.

I am truly unsure why Map Viewer refuses to display pop-ups for this single layer, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

57 Replies
AllisonLehn1
Emerging Contributor

Update on this: I've gotten this to work if I do one of two things:

1. Register the view with the geodatabase
  2. Rewrite the query in ArcGIS Pro when adding data as a query layer. So, instead of SELECT field1, field2, field3 FROM view_name, I write the query that formed the layer in the first place, joining the original data tables.

The core of the issue might be that some of the tables I'm joining in my views are not part of a geodatabase. This was fine for Map Viewer Classic, but my guess is that there are some new restrictions with this when it comes to Map Viewer. If there is ever a conclusive answer on this, I would appreciate a tag!

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

This was the case for me.

I was using a db view, and the popup would not work when clicking on the features.

I registered it with the geodatabase, and overwrote the service, and the popups worked again.

0 Kudos
dhochhal
Emerging Contributor

I just upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 today. I noticed in the first map I tried, that attachments don't seem to have the link in field maps, Map Viewer Classic gets no popups and Mapviewer seems to be working fine. I've only just tried this on one map so far. Another fact of note, is that this map is available through a collaboration with arcgisonline. I turned off sync for the collaboration before upgrading. The popups still work when viewing the map in either map viewer from arcgisonline in a browser, I guess the attachments haven't been working in field maps even prior to this upgrade because that is where I first viewed the map and that is from arcgisonline version. So the popup issue appears to be different than the attachments in the popup issue. I recently upgraded to Pro 3.2 from 3.1 prior to this and had to revert back to 3.1 because all kinds of bugs with 3.2, from python scripts not working to not being able to access lyrx files. Anyway, ESRI you really need to slow up on the version upgrades and get things working before you release more software IMO.

0 Kudos
dhochhal
Emerging Contributor

Update to this post!

I cleared the browser cache, cookies, etc. and popups as well as attachment links started working in both map viewers! Pretty simple fix, but I stand by the statement about slowing up the version changes until everything works, or just more quality checking maybe.

0 Kudos
MK13
by
Frequent Contributor

@RussRoberts  @EmilyGeo @bbollin  Any idea on how to get pop-ups to work in map viewer for polygon layers published with a transparent fill and dashed outline? Currently pop-ups only work when one clicks on the outline.

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@MK13 Can you provide more information? I can click a transparent /dashed outline polygon in the middle and the popup opens fine.

bbollin_0-1727283662589.png

0 Kudos
MK13
by
Frequent Contributor

@bbollin Interesting! As you can see in my image below, the pop-up only opens when I click on the outline of the polygon and doesn't open when I click inside the polygon. May I ask if the dashed symbology that you have was published from Pro or set up in map viewer?

MK13_0-1727291523366.png

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@MK13  Ok I see, it sounds like this is a known issue when publishing from pro. I would try recreating the symbology in Map Viewer, should have the desired effect.

0 Kudos