Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups not displaying in Field Maps

01-09-2024 11:48 AM
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

Hello, I am having a problem where my pop-ups are displaying fine in web viewer, but when I open the map in FieldMaps they are not coming up.  Has anyone experienced this? Any advice on what might be causing this issue?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @MarcRabideau

Are you using Map Viewer to set up the map for use in Field Maps? If so, can you check to make sure that pop-ups are enabled for each of the layers that you want to have a pop-up appear on the map? 

1. With the layer selected in the pane on the left, 
  2. click Pop-ups on the toolbar on the right
  3. ensure that the Enable pop-ups toggle is switched to on (blue)

EmilyGeo_0-1704835600499.png

MarcRabideau
New Contributor

We are using the classic map viewer, definitely have my popups enabled for all the layers.  We have a couple layers where the popups are working in field maps, but the majority are not.

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

I'm not sure why this is happening, I haven't heard of this before.

I'm interested in hearing if there are specific reasons you are using Map Viewer classic?

The newer version of Map Viewer actually treats pop-ups and forms separately, so the resulting behavior in Field maps could be different. 

For the sake of troubleshooting, would you be able to save a copy of the map in Map Viewer, confirm that pop-ups are enabled there, and then have a look at that map and see if its working in Field maps? 

0 Kudos
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

I am not seeing how to open with the new map viewer from our portal, is there a required version we need to be running?  We have the new map viewer in AGOL, but I dont see the option in our enterprise portal.

0 Kudos
SantanaClement
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue in my Field maps. I checked the Enable popup for my layers and they are all enabled. I can see the info in a web mapping application just not in Field Maps

Katelyn1
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing this issue in Field Maps, while using Enterprise 10.9.1. Was anyone able to find a resolution?

0 Kudos
Jessica_S
Esri Contributor

Hi!

What environment are you in (ArcGIS Online, Portal for Enterprise, etc.)?

Is editing enabled on the affected layer(s)? What is the sharing level?

Have you configured pop-ups in Field Maps Designer?

Where was the layer created? If it was in ArcGIS Pro, can you test by republishing the layer to Online, then adding it to the map? You may have to reconfigure pop-ups in Map Viewer, as sometimes they're not automatically configured. 

0 Kudos
WaterDev21
New Contributor

Also running into this issue. Any updates? The issue is also present in Explorer.

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

Map was created in classic map viewer. No custom pop-up elements.

The layer itself is part of a group layer and is referenced from our SDE published from ArcGIS Pro.

I was able to get them to work when saving a copy of the map in the new map viewer and toggling the pop-ups off and on again. Toggling the pop-up in map viewer classic did not resolve the problem.

0 Kudos