Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it Possible to Dynamically Link Points in ArcGIS Online's Experience Builder?

11-13-2023 12:59 PM
JonJones1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in knowing if the following scenario is possible to implement in ArcGIS Online, specifically using the Experience Builder:

Imagine a situation where an intern accesses a website created with the Experience Builder in their web browser. This website features a map displaying a combination of hollow black rings and red dots without outlines. Furthermore, there's a single editable feature attribute table on the website, similar to what's shown below, providing information about both the red dots and black rings.

The objective is for the intern to associate the black rings with the red dots based on my instructions. Essentially, I'd like them to enter ONLY the ID number of the black ring in the same row as the red dot. Then subsequently, the black hollow ring should eventually display around the red dot, that is a composite point containing information from both the red dots and black rings.

Is this feasible?

It's acceptable if the updating or movement of information from the black rings to the red dots doesn't happen instantly and occurs on a schedule. Additionally, if achieving this requires the use of ArcGIS Pro's Model Builder, that's reasonable.

I'm primarily interested in whether this can be accomplished and, if so, a rough outline of the steps or procedures involved.

Any thoughts?

Edited to add: I can separate the red dots and black rings into separate feature classes. As long as I can somehow end up with a composite feature class that contains all the information from both sources, that the intern updates via a table in Arcgis Experience builder, is all that really matters.

Second Edit: The table displayed below is very simple, but in reality, the black rings contain approximately 35 associated fields, while the red dots have about 20 fields. Therefore, it's crucial that the user only needs to interact with the ID numbers.

ARCGIS.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ken_Morefield
New Contributor II

I'm having difficulty following your example.  Is this one single dataset or two datasets?  If two datasets, you could build a parent/child relationship between the two datasets which would enable any number of "black rings" to be associated to a red dot.  You could then create a join on that field to display all attributes in a single layer (creating a view layer in ArcGIS online).

0 Kudos