"Publish this file as a hosted layer" option doesn't appear

07-07-2020 05:30 PM
KelaineRavdin
New Contributor II

I'm trying to upload a .csv file to create a hosted feature layer. I click Add Item > From My Computer, but the box that appears does not include a "Publish this file as a hosted layer" option at all. I have administrator privileges. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kelaine Ravdin‌,

The dialog included in the image looks like what you might see when logged into a free, public account. Can you confirm that you are in your organization (does the URL say orgname.maps.arcgis.com...)? 

If you are logged in to your organization, can you test creating a hosted feature layer from a template (Create > Feature Layer > From a Template > Build a Layer > follow the prompts to create a hosted feature layer)?

Hope this helps,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
AntonioHornstein
New Contributor

I am following the " Creating and Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS Online" tutorial exercise 1, step 6, trying to view an tile package as a layer in AGOL. When I bring in the tile package it only allows me to open it in pro or desktop. Back to publishing as a tile layer, in the New Item window, there is no option to Create a Hosted Layer. Not sure what the issue is. I am logged in through my organization and should have the necessary authorization for this task. Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
AntonioHornstein
New Contributor

Sorry, here is an image of my window

0 Kudos
KellamBartley1
New Contributor

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same tutorial. Very disappointing to see no answer for this after 10 months.

0 Kudos