Information Look Up Web App config does not save

Jump to solution
07-07-2016 07:09 AM
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have created a utility look up map using the Information Look Up web app.  The web map works great and does everything I need it to do.  However, when I go to make changes using Configure App the changes do not save.  When I click "Save" or "Save And View" it gets stuck in a loop and the saving gif just keeps doing its thing.  Only way to get out of it is to click "Close".  Any changes made in the configure App page do not get saved.  I created a new web app using the same Information Look Up web app template and has the same issues.  I also tried it on IE11 and FireFox.

I ran debugger (FireFox) and found this error :
(is this caused by the app programing and is a bug or is it something I'm doing?)

On Console Page

TypeError: p is null

Configure<.onSave()                                                                      Configure.js:112

Configure<.onView()                                                                     Configure.js:158

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                           3.17:63

l/</c()                                                                                                3.17:119

.cache["dijit/form/_ButtonMixin"]/</q<._onClick()                         3.17:386

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                            3.17:63

.cache["dijit/form/_ButtonMixin"]/</q<.__onClick()                       3.17:386

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                            3.17:63

Configure.js:                                                                                     112:1

And...

Debugger Tab (when click"Configure.js:112")

},  
onSave: function() {

// Update app config values by calling addItem with overwrite set to true.

// show the loading icon

if (domClass.contains("loader", "hide")) {

domClass.remove("loader", "hide");

}    
var saveConfig = this._appConfiguration;

// remove any non serilazable feature layers from json

if (saveConfig && saveConfig.values) {

for (var x in saveConfig.values) {

if (saveConfig.values.hasOwnProperty(x)) {

var p = saveConfig.values;          
if (p.hasOwnProperty("sources")) {

var sources = p.sources;

array.forEach(sources, function(s) {

if(s.hasOwnProperty("featureLayer")) {

delete (s.featureLayer);

}            
});

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The underlying problem is due to a bug in the source code for the app configuration panel which I'll get fixed for the next release of ArcGIS Online later this summer.  Duane Treadon​ for your specific app it looks like something in the app is setting the value associated with the 'Max Zoom level for lookup' to null.  It looks like the default value for this app is 16 so try going to the 'Lookup Layer' section and set the max zoom value to 16 then see if you can save.

I realize this is a pain and I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we will get this fixed for the next release.  Let me know if that doesn't solve the issue or if  you continue to have issues configuring this app.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
KellyHutchins

Might be a bug in the config code. Is your web map public? If so can you share the link? Are all the layers in your web map valid?

0 Kudos
JeremyPlanteen2
New Contributor II

It's a problem on Esri's side related to last night's update.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We didn't update anything related to the template config panel last night so not sure that's the problem.   Can you reproduce this with any web map? Or just certain ones?

0 Kudos
JeremyPlanteen2
New Contributor II

Well, then there's a serious miscommunication going on with your tech support.  I have a level 2 case open right now on it and that's the story I got.  It can be reproduced on any of the several dozen apps we have using that template.

It affects the non-WebAppBuilder applications.

Creating new web applications from the same web map using the same template works, but the templates now look different as well (button icons, general shape of the toolbar, etc.).

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

It could be an issue from the last release of online (a few weeks ago) rather than an update from last night.  I tested with a few existing apps and was able to re-configure and save so I suspect it only happens in certain scenarios. Any details you can provide to tech support (or me) to help reproduce the issue will be useful in trying to track down the bug.

0 Kudos
JeremyPlanteen2
New Contributor II

Nope.  Config has been working fine up until today. 

I'm awaiting a return call from tech support now.

The level 1 agent claimed she checked with her lead and she specifically stated it was a known issue caused by last night's update.  Don't know what else to tell you.

0 Kudos
JeremyPlanteen2
New Contributor II

Esri made some updates to the AGO platform last night and it messed up the ability to edit/save configs on some templates.  I'm seeing it on apps using the 'Basic Viewer' template.  Tech support states they're aware of it, but no word on resolution.

0 Kudos
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  Good to know it is being looked into.

I noticed this issue just before I left for UC on June 24th.  So for me it has been existing since then.  So far it has only shown itself on the Information Look Up map app template.  When at the UC I talked with someone with Web Apps and showed him the error.  He did a debug on it and did find an issue.  He was going to send the info on to the developers I think. 

He suggested that I try and recreate a new map and use the app to see if the issue still occurred.  Since returning to work I have done that and encountered the same issue.

I have no issues in creating the web app and making changes to the settings and configuration.  I only have an issue when I try to change a setting once it has been saved.

The map is public. Thomasville Utility Look Up​   Again, I am having no issues with the public facing map app itself.  It is only when I am logged in and going through the configure app process that it will not save or let me update settings.

Thanks again all for looking into this. 

JT

0 Kudos
JeremyPlanteen2
New Contributor II

I noticed this issue just before I left for UC on June 24th. So for me it has been existing since then. So far it has only shown itself on the Information Look Up map app template. When at the UC I talked with someone with Web Apps and showed him the error. He did a debug on it and did find an issue. He was going to send the info on to the developers I think.

I suppose it's possible I hadn't hit any of the non-WAB configs in the last couple weeks....I may have only been in the WAB apps.  That said, the tech support person definitely stated it was last night's issue.

He suggested that I try and recreate a new map and use the app to see if the issue still occurred. Since returning to work I have done that and encountered the same issue.

I have no issues in creating the web app and making changes to the settings and configuration. I only have an issue when I try to change a setting once it has been saved.

The map is public. Thomasville Utility Look Up Again, I am having no issues with the public facing map app itself. It is only when I am logged in and going through the configure app process that it will not save or let me update settings.

Exactly the same issue I'm running into.  However, recreating the web app isn't really an option since the original URLs are bookmarked by a large number of people interacting with our AGO stuff, so it would create pretty major issues if those were to suddenly go inactive.

0 Kudos