Information Look Up Web App config does not save

Jump to solution
07-07-2016 07:09 AM
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have created a utility look up map using the Information Look Up web app.  The web map works great and does everything I need it to do.  However, when I go to make changes using Configure App the changes do not save.  When I click "Save" or "Save And View" it gets stuck in a loop and the saving gif just keeps doing its thing.  Only way to get out of it is to click "Close".  Any changes made in the configure App page do not get saved.  I created a new web app using the same Information Look Up web app template and has the same issues.  I also tried it on IE11 and FireFox.

I ran debugger (FireFox) and found this error :
(is this caused by the app programing and is a bug or is it something I'm doing?)

On Console Page

TypeError: p is null

Configure<.onSave()                                                                      Configure.js:112

Configure<.onView()                                                                     Configure.js:158

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                           3.17:63

l/</c()                                                                                                3.17:119

.cache["dijit/form/_ButtonMixin"]/</q<._onClick()                         3.17:386

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                            3.17:63

.cache["dijit/form/_ButtonMixin"]/</q<.__onClick()                       3.17:386

.cache["dojo/_base/lang"]/</e.hitch/<()                                            3.17:63

Configure.js:                                                                                     112:1

And...

Debugger Tab (when click"Configure.js:112")

},  
onSave: function() {

// Update app config values by calling addItem with overwrite set to true.

// show the loading icon

if (domClass.contains("loader", "hide")) {

domClass.remove("loader", "hide");

}    
var saveConfig = this._appConfiguration;

// remove any non serilazable feature layers from json

if (saveConfig && saveConfig.values) {

for (var x in saveConfig.values) {

if (saveConfig.values.hasOwnProperty(x)) {

var p = saveConfig.values;          
if (p.hasOwnProperty("sources")) {

var sources = p.sources;

array.forEach(sources, function(s) {

if(s.hasOwnProperty("featureLayer")) {

delete (s.featureLayer);

}            
});

0 Kudos
22 Replies
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I tried creating a new "information lookup" app template using the same map and I noticed there has been a dramatic change in the look of the new template. The main difference is that the attribute information shows up in a large pop up window now vs. the side panel. I'm wondering if this change/update is causing my old app to not be configurable anymore? If so, I'm not happy about that, I really liked the older version WAY better. Has anyone else noticed this or had this issue?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The underlying problem is due to a bug in the source code for the app configuration panel which I'll get fixed for the next release of ArcGIS Online later this summer.  Duane Treadon​ for your specific app it looks like something in the app is setting the value associated with the 'Max Zoom level for lookup' to null.  It looks like the default value for this app is 16 so try going to the 'Lookup Layer' section and set the max zoom value to 16 then see if you can save.

I realize this is a pain and I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we will get this fixed for the next release.  Let me know if that doesn't solve the issue or if  you continue to have issues configuring this app.

DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

Kelly Hutchins​ You are awesome.  Changing the Max zoom from null to any number fixed the issue I was having.  I had set Max zoom to null (just left if blank) because we didn't want the map to zoom at all when a person clicking on the map.  We wanted it to just recenter but stay at the same zoom extent.  To maintain this function I think what I can do is change Max zoom to any number, make my edits and save, then go back and change Max zoom to null.  Though I might leave it at an appropriate number (like 16) and see if Marketing Dept. accepts that. 

Again thanks, as of now this solution is working and this awesome template is back in service for me.

0 Kudos