How to update a hosted standalone table?

07-19-2021 01:34 PM
Labels (1)
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if is possible to update a standalone hosted table using PRO? I can open the table and change a single cell value in PRO but it wont let me use the field calculator to change the values or copy values from a join table.  What do I'm missing?

Thanks for any suggestions!

JB

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikePordes1
New Contributor III

make sure the layer is editable, and your named user has access. you may have to join and export to a new hosted layer before calc the fields...

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for a quick reply!

I can manually do changes to single cell values and it works... the problem is changing many values using the field calculator. Exporting to a new table is not an option since the table is the source for many dashboards and Exp. builder applications. 

JB

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

...is possible to update a standalone hosted table using PRO?   ...wont let me use the field calculator to change the values or copy values from a join table

What is the objective here?  Are you updating a table or a table joined to a feature layer or what? 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor

The objective is to update the information on a single standalone hosted table using PRO. The table is the data source for several applications. 

0 Kudos
KeirenMarshall
Esri Contributor

You will need to ensure that you add the table to the map in ArcGIS Pro. You will know that it is there when you see a  table tab at the top of ArcGIS Pro usually in Green. This should open up table-related tools. 

KeirenMarshall_0-1626740845353.png

Esri Australia Consultant and Business Analyst
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Keiren,

I do have the AGOL hosted table open in PRO and I can change the cell values. However it won't  let me use the field calculator to change multiple records or copy data from a join table. 

0 Kudos