How to update a hosted standalone table?

07-19-2021 01:34 PM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if is possible to update a standalone hosted table using PRO? I can open the table and change a single cell value in PRO but it wont let me use the field calculator to change the values or copy values from a join table.  What do I'm missing?

Thanks for any suggestions!

JB

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikePordes1
New Contributor III

make sure the layer is editable, and your named user has access. you may have to join and export to a new hosted layer before calc the fields...

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Thanks for a quick reply!

I can manually do changes to single cell values and it works... the problem is changing many values using the field calculator. Exporting to a new table is not an option since the table is the source for many dashboards and Exp. builder applications. 

JB

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

...is possible to update a standalone hosted table using PRO?   ...wont let me use the field calculator to change the values or copy values from a join table

What is the objective here?  Are you updating a table or a table joined to a feature layer or what? 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

The objective is to update the information on a single standalone hosted table using PRO. The table is the data source for several applications. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You will need to ensure that you add the table to the map in ArcGIS Pro. You will know that it is there when you see a  table tab at the top of ArcGIS Pro usually in Green. This should open up table-related tools. 

KeirenMarshall_0-1626740845353.png

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Hi Keiren,

I do have the AGOL hosted table open in PRO and I can change the cell values. However it won't  let me use the field calculator to change multiple records or copy data from a join table. 

0 Kudos