Feature service deleting point layer

10-02-2019 12:16 PM
Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

I just published a feature service to ArcGIS Online and added it to my web map. It's got two point layers in it, and when I added it to my web map, it was working just fine. I saved the map and exited it, then went into the feature service properties to add a few fields and coded values. When I opened the web map again, I noticed that only one of the point layers in my feature service was in the map. I tried re-adding it, but it would only show one layer.

I decided to try republishing the feature service, which worked for the first time when I had the web map open, but when I saved and re-opened it, the other layer disappeared again.

Is this because I was editing the fields of one of the layers and not the other one? Is there any way for me to add the other layer back into the feature service from the web app?

10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jodie Gosselin‌, 

Are you getting an error message when opening the Web Map?

Are both layers still present at the REST endpoint of the service? (Click the View link above the service URL from the Hosted Feature Service item details page). 

Editing coded values and fields of one layer should not affect the visibility of other layers. Can you create a Support Case so that we can take a closer look at your data and workflow?

Thank you,

-Peter

Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

I am not getting an error message in the Web Map, and both layers are still present at the REST endpoint.

Should I still create a Support Case?

The error is still the same.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jodie,

This should be fixed now - can you try republishing the service and going through the same workflow?

We are not expecting any issues this time around but if you do run into them I would create a support case. 

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

Hey Peter,

I did republish the feature service - this time, I added the field in ArcMap ahead of time, but then when I tried calculating a field from online, one of the points layers disappeared again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm going to go ahead and create the support case.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Jodie Gosselin

Can you provide more information to this latest problem? Were you using Arcade or SQL to calculate? Was this from the map viewer table or the data tab? What were you doing before calculating?  Perhaps a previous action could have caused the problem?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

I was using SQL to calculate in the feature service's data tab. Before calculating, I had the map open to configure the pop-ups. I'm not sure if that might have interfered with something.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jodie,

Well, I'm not sure exactly what happened to your layer as I'm not able to reproduce the issue with calculate. There was an additional issue related to adding a new field to a layer, that has been fixed internally and will be released in an update tonight. Did you add any fields in AGOL before calculating? Even on a different layer?  The fix should prevent this from happening again, but it won't fix your existing broken layer. My suggestion is to republish it. 

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue was introduced with the recent update to ArcGIS Online. We are working to address this and release it tonight. The issue is caused by adding a new field to a table. So refrain from doing this at this time.

Thanks,

Mike

GISAnalyst7
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. The feature service was edited to add a new field and rename the alias of 3 layers, and all the other existing 19 layers dropped off the service. This was done from the data tab. We can now only see the 3 edited ones, not the original ones in the web map. But if I follow the service URL to the FeatureServer, I can see all the layers listed. 

Is there still a fix to be applied tonight?

Thanks,

Dimity

0 Kudos