Feature service deleting point layer

10-02-2019 12:16 PM
Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

I just published a feature service to ArcGIS Online and added it to my web map. It's got two point layers in it, and when I added it to my web map, it was working just fine. I saved the map and exited it, then went into the feature service properties to add a few fields and coded values. When I opened the web map again, I noticed that only one of the point layers in my feature service was in the map. I tried re-adding it, but it would only show one layer.

I decided to try republishing the feature service, which worked for the first time when I had the web map open, but when I saved and re-opened it, the other layer disappeared again.

Is this because I was editing the fields of one of the layers and not the other one? Is there any way for me to add the other layer back into the feature service from the web app?

10 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

Yes, there was a fix installed last night. It fixes the problem moving forward, but it doesn't repair layers that are now missing layers. But as you noticed, the layers aren't really missing and are still part of the service. It's just the references to the layer are broken on the item in ArcGIS Online.  The simple solution is to republish the layer. However, if you've created a lot of maps that reference the layer, they will now be broken. It may be possible to overwrite the layer, depending on the original data source of the layer, and that may restore the layers, but I'm not sure. Another repair option entails modifying the JSON of the item in ArcGIS Online. If you want to go this route, I'd suggest you contact Esri Technical Support.

Hope this helps,

Mike

0 Kudos