Custom colors in ArcGIS Portal Web Maps?

Jump to solution
11-27-2019 10:32 AM
NataleeDesotell
New Contributor III

I'm working for an organization that uses specific brand colors. We're working on an Operations Dashboard and the centerpiece of the dashboard is an interactive choropleth map. I'm having trouble figuring out how to color the map according to brand specifications, though. I can only choose from a set of pre-defined colors:

Where can I enter custom Hex codes to make sure this map matches the organization's branding? I assume others have had this question, but I couldn't find a question that addressed this. Please feel free to link me to a thread that answers this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Natalee!

There are two ways to modify symbology in web map viewers in ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS.

1 is the way I'm expecting you're going - clicking on "Symbols" in the top right.

2 is the way I suspect you need - clicking on each symbol individually.

I added a random public layer from ArcGIS Online into a web map to show you in screenshots the results of each:

Screenshot showing the two approaches

Here's #1:

Method 1

#2 gives you more options to customize individual symbol colors:

Method 2

Hopefully that helps!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Natalee!

There are two ways to modify symbology in web map viewers in ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS.

1 is the way I'm expecting you're going - clicking on "Symbols" in the top right.

2 is the way I suspect you need - clicking on each symbol individually.

I added a random public layer from ArcGIS Online into a web map to show you in screenshots the results of each:

Screenshot showing the two approaches

Here's #1:

Method 1

#2 gives you more options to customize individual symbol colors:

Method 2

Hopefully that helps!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
NataleeDesotell
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply! I was able to find that after clicking "Legend" -- I was in "Classes" previously, which wasn't giving me that option. Thanks again!

rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

No problem! Glad we could help!

Rachel Guttmacher
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos