ArcGIS Online Renewal Dates for Individual Users

Jump to solution
11-27-2019 10:54 AM
HannahCole1
Esri Contributor

Hello team! I'm wondering whether it is possible to view different license length/expiry details, for each individual member in an organization? Say, for example, a company has users signing up for access later than the initial batch of users with initial purchase of ArcGIS Online - different time segments that licenses and access to Online are active... At the moment I can only access the one 'main' subscription renewal date, not renewals for each member in the org. Admins can see each member user type info - but not their license end dates or renewals..

This would be an awesome feature to have in future, for customers and Esri staff alike!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Hannah,

I suspect this may be by design. When you purchase user spaces, though your purchase does have an expiration date, technically this is just adding to a "pool" of users in ArcGIS Online.

Let's say you start with 5 "Creators" that expire 12/1/19. You buy another 3 "Creators" that expire 11/15/20.

You will then have the room for 8 users. Those users aren't assign expiration dates based on when you added them, but when 12/1/19 rolls around, it's up to you as the administrator to decide which 5 of your 8 users you want to remove. That could be 2 old users and your 3 new users, 4 old users and 1 new user, etc.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to ask to be able to see expiration dates of user spaces in ArcGIS Online, but I don't think they'll tie users themselves to expiration dates. I'd recommend posting it on ArcGIS Ideas so you can get some traction and additional supporters! Here's the link for that section of GeoNet: ArcGIS Ideas  .

Thanks!

Rachel G

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Hannah,

I suspect this may be by design. When you purchase user spaces, though your purchase does have an expiration date, technically this is just adding to a "pool" of users in ArcGIS Online.

Let's say you start with 5 "Creators" that expire 12/1/19. You buy another 3 "Creators" that expire 11/15/20.

You will then have the room for 8 users. Those users aren't assign expiration dates based on when you added them, but when 12/1/19 rolls around, it's up to you as the administrator to decide which 5 of your 8 users you want to remove. That could be 2 old users and your 3 new users, 4 old users and 1 new user, etc.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to ask to be able to see expiration dates of user spaces in ArcGIS Online, but I don't think they'll tie users themselves to expiration dates. I'd recommend posting it on ArcGIS Ideas so you can get some traction and additional supporters! Here's the link for that section of GeoNet: ArcGIS Ideas  .

Thanks!

Rachel G

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services