Cannot export high resolution image from Web App.

11-26-2019 02:47 PM
LauraPreidis
New Contributor III

Hello -

I need to be able to export high resolution images from my web mapping application. The images are grainy, weird zoom levels, and inconsistent. Why is this so difficult? I called technical support and they are trying to help, but I am still stuck. 

App: ArcGIS Web Application  

I added the print widget and have been messing with it for hours.

I need a 10" by 5.9" image at ~300 DPI.

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura, preset value for resolution in Print widget for web app is 96 DPI. you can click on advance and set it to your required resolution. 

0 Kudos
LauraPreidis
New Contributor III

Hello -

I have done that. It does not work. 

0 Kudos
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Do you mean it does not create PDF or it does not show the image on the PDF? 

0 Kudos
LauraPreidis
New Contributor III

APP: https://llog.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=560c8074de994026a729cecaf5e5103d    

Settings:

Output: (ignore black border from my snipping tool)

HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Thank you for sharing screen, the base map is not high quality image. It is 96 dpi 

I print it out a map by changing DPI to 900 and creating PDF. it seems a bit better. My suggestion will be change the base map to something High Resolution and try again.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

0 Kudos
LauraPreidis
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help.

I changed the basemap to "World Ocean Base" by Esri. 

I went back to the app and tried again...

Still not working:

0 Kudos
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

The free base maps are not high resolution, for this reason many companies they will capture their own data and create a base map to meet the requirement needed for a project. Sorry cant help much in this case. 

0 Kudos
LauraPreidis
New Contributor III

Regardless of the basemap, any idea why the exported image's size and scale is all over the place?

0 Kudos