upload multiple items at once on ArcGIS Online

09-24-2013 06:51 AM
olivierdev
New Contributor III
ArcGIS Online now support several file formats (pdf, xls, ppt, image file, etc...).
When you need to upload and share these items on a n organization portal for a project, it's really frustrating to upload these item one by one (specially if you need to upload dozens of files).

It would be great to be bale to upload (by a drag'n drop for instance) several files at once (like in SharePoint.)

6 Comments
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1

Great Idea! And quite an old one... Hope there will be a follow up

Our clients would love to have that possibility. You could specify common tags for the bunch of it. 

cc Connie Schmidt

image upload‌, photo upload‌, file upload‌, agol tools‌, arcgis online.‌

[2017/08/11 amendment] Reading the Blog here: Adding and using photos and images in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog  it seems that even bszukalski-esristaff mentions to create an idea (which has already been there for quite some time...)

BernSzukalski

I've checked in our issue repository, and have added your comments. Both issues are still open - vote it up!

AnninaHirschi_Wyss1

Would love to vote, but am not allowed anymore as distributor ;-(...

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I need this, I have about 2k PDFs I need to upload as downloadable files in relation to specific parcel features.... I am not going to spend a week+ manually uploading all 2k pdfs lol

Dong-gyunKim

Hello Joe Head,

Please refer to the blow python script for uploading multiple pdf files before the function is upgraded in ArcGIS Platform.

<ArcGIS Online>

from arcgis.gis import GIS
import os

source = GIS("https://<short name of your org>.maps.arcgis.com", "<YourAccount>", "<Password>")

file_list = os.listdir(r"<<file workspace> ex: C:\upload>")

for pdf in file_list:
source.content.add({'type':'PDF'}, "<<file workspace> ex: C:\\upload>"+ pdf)

<ArcGIS Enterprise>

from arcgis.gis import GIS
import os

source = GIS("https://<Your Portal URL/WebAdaptorName>", "<YourAccount>", "<Password>")

file_list = os.listdir(r"<<file workspace> ex: C:\upload>")

for pdf in file_list:
source.content.add({'type':'PDF'}, "<<file workspace> ex: C:\\upload>"+ pdf)

Thank you,

Dong-gyun

KimBuck

Is this possible to do with ArcMap? Or only ArcPro, since you need python 3.x to install the Conda Package.