Feature layer query returns wrong records

Jump to solution
11-23-2021 06:57 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

so i want to query a feature layer thats accessed via AGOL but the actual features are served up from ArcGIS Server (i think its 10.3)

i have this in an ArcGIS Pro Notebook and it should be returning the second set of 100 records but instead its returning all 1800 records

UpdsFeat = FeatLyr.query(where = "DATEMODIFIED > (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP-45)",result_offset = 100, result_Record_Count = 100)

is is because the feature service is coming from an old version of ArcGIS Server that doesn't support the result_record_count & Results_offset?

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StuartMoore

i couldn't get that to work so just used the objectIDs and did a filter to bring them back in small chunks of 1000, it then loads each chunk into a pandas dataframe

steps = 1000
z = 0
sOID = 1
MaxOID = 391283

while sOID < (MaxOID+steps):
    whereFil = "objectid >={0} and objectid < {1}".format(sOID,sOID+steps)
    Upd2k = xxdata.query(where = whereFil,out_fields = outFields)
    sOID +=steps
    if z == 0:
        resdf = pd.DataFrame(Upd2k.sdf)
        z +=1
    else:
        resdf = resdf.append(pd.DataFrame(Upd2k.sdf), ignore_index=True)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's possible that the age of the server has something to do with it. Can you open the service JSON and see if those capabilities are there?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
StuartMoore

thanks @jcarlson yea they are not available in the json so i guess its the server, i guess there is no way around it

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP

In addition to those parameters, try setting the return_all_records parameter to False.

StuartMoore

thanks @MobiusSnake i tried that but it just came up with this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
In  [97]:
Line 2:     UpdsFeat = FeatLyr.query(where = "DATEMODIFIED > (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP-45)", return_all_records = False, result_offset = 100, result_Record_Count = 100)

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\features\layer.py, in query:
Line 1727:  return self._query(url, params, raw=as_raw)

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\features\layer.py, in _query:
Line 2998:  return self._query(url, params, raw=False, add_token=False)

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\features\layer.py, in _query:
Line 3034:  raise queryException

Line 2984:  path=url, postdata=params, add_token=kwargs.get("add_token", True)

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_con\_connection.py, in post:
Line 1079:  force_bytes=kwargs.pop("force_bytes", False),

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_con\_connection.py, in _handle_response:
Line 625:   self._handle_json_error(data["error"], errorcode)

File C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_con\_connection.py, in _handle_json_error:
Line 648:   raise Exception(errormessage)

Exception: Unable to complete operation.
Unable to perform query operation.
(Error Code: 400)
0 Kudos
StuartMoore

i couldn't get that to work so just used the objectIDs and did a filter to bring them back in small chunks of 1000, it then loads each chunk into a pandas dataframe

steps = 1000
z = 0
sOID = 1
MaxOID = 391283

while sOID < (MaxOID+steps):
    whereFil = "objectid >={0} and objectid < {1}".format(sOID,sOID+steps)
    Upd2k = xxdata.query(where = whereFil,out_fields = outFields)
    sOID +=steps
    if z == 0:
        resdf = pd.DataFrame(Upd2k.sdf)
        z +=1
    else:
        resdf = resdf.append(pd.DataFrame(Upd2k.sdf), ignore_index=True)

0 Kudos