Does anyone know if the Notebook Server pandas module also includes other modules like xlsxwriter or if it can be installed on the server?

Jump to solution
08-11-2022 08:28 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if the notebook server pandas module includes the xlsxwriter module or if it can be installed on the server? I have a fairly complex setup that includes this module so I wanted to check and see if that is also included.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can always test and see:

jcarlson_0-1660237614327.png

When you need another module, you can always include a cell at the top of your notebook to install it first. A small module like this installs pretty quick, so it shouldn't slow down your process too much.

!pip install xlwt

jcarlson_1-1660237714311.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can always test and see:

jcarlson_0-1660237614327.png

When you need another module, you can always include a cell at the top of your notebook to install it first. A small module like this installs pretty quick, so it shouldn't slow down your process too much.

!pip install xlwt

jcarlson_1-1660237714311.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you very much @jcarlson. We are looking to acquire the Notebook Server so we can create custom tools and store and run all of our scripts on one server rather than having multiple scripts run on multiple machines/servers. That was one of my main concerns since one of my project includes that module. The other concern is whether or not if the Notebook Server has the ability to run scripts that output to different folder locations. I have run into that issue regarding windows task scheduler, and I am hoping the notebook server may be able to circumvent that.

Also, in  terms of installing a module, does it have to be installed every time or just the one time?

0 Kudos