call/run another notebook

09-09-2021 12:46 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

i'm very new to notebooks but i have two questions that i couldn't find an answer for in the community

is it possible to call/run a notebook from a webhook, ie survey completed in Survey123 initiates the notebook?

and my second question is it possible to call/run another Notebook at the end of Notebook (ie running Notebook A but run Notebook B to create some data etc)

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StuartMoore

thanks for the reply i'll have a play

shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Hi @StuartMoore,

Thank you for your interest in ArcGIS Notebooks. The current released version of ArcGIS Enterprise (10.9) do not support executing a notebook from webhooks. We are actively actively working on adding support for this in near future.

Although, you can call a notebook from another notebook using execute_notebook operation available in ArcGIS API for Python:

https://developers.arcgis.com/python/api-reference/arcgis.gis.nb.html?highlight=execute_notebook#arc...).

Also, please ensure the version of ArcGIS API for Python used in notebook has support for this operation.

Thanks & Regards
Shikhar Deep

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

thanks @shikhar_deep i've had a play but can't seem to get it to work, it wont even find the notebookmanager maybe its not implimented in Notebooks in ArcGIS Online

StuartMoore_0-1631776584316.png

0 Kudos
shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Hi @StuartMoore  if you may try the following.

shikhar_deep_1-1637681702951.png

Thanks

Shikhar Deep

0 Kudos
DougZietz1
New Contributor III

Shikhar,

From the documentation, this looks like this is an Enterprise only method because one needs to get access to the notebook server. Am I interpreting that correctly?

If not, how could I run a notebook from a notebook on AGOL?

Thank you

0 Kudos
DISIG
by
New Contributor III

Hello everybody,

working in Agol and trying to execute a notebook

is it the correct syntax?

DISIG_0-1670314628111.png

i have an error message but the myItem var is a arcgis.gis.ItemDISIG_1-1670314672035.png

0 Kudos