Re Run post install utility

Jump to solution
05-29-2020 02:23 AM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to run the post install utility tool without having to uninstall everything? The problem is faced is the same as 

ArcGIS Monitor 10.7.1 login problems 

**unless there are better advise to login in.

and it turn out, I need to downgrade the mongodb version. however when I open up the post install utility tool, everything is greyed out.

It is going to be absolutely painful if I have reinstall the whole thing due to political red tapes

Can someone advise if there are alternate ways to proceed forward without having to do a complete reinstall?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you are saying that you installed an unsupported version of MongoDB community server (4.2x, 4.3x, or 4..x) and then installed ArcGIS Monitor v10.7.1 and now you must downgrade MongoDB to supported version (ex. v4.0.18).  You need to stop the ArcGIS Monitor service in Windows Services (if it is running), then uninstall MongoDB, then install MongoDB v4.0.18. Then, yes, you should be able to manually run the ArcGIS Monitor Post Install program. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you are saying that you installed an unsupported version of MongoDB community server (4.2x, 4.3x, or 4..x) and then installed ArcGIS Monitor v10.7.1 and now you must downgrade MongoDB to supported version (ex. v4.0.18).  You need to stop the ArcGIS Monitor service in Windows Services (if it is running), then uninstall MongoDB, then install MongoDB v4.0.18. Then, yes, you should be able to manually run the ArcGIS Monitor Post Install program. 

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Thank you Michael Reither‌, that worked well.

For anyone that encounter this same issue, I

• uninstall mongodb
  • open arcgis monitor administrator
  • file -> open-> setting -> config
  • set the new mongod.exe file location and data location
  • rerun post install utility and thats it.
0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Do we have to get mongod.exe ourselves? Does ESRI provide it pre-packaged in the .msp file?

0 Kudos