Monitor 2023 Adonis Warning

12-12-2023 02:26 PM
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III

Our ArcGIS Monitor just stopped working one day and the log files are filled with this warning:

WARNING: Adonis has detected an unhandled promise rejection, which may cause undesired behavior in production. To stop this warning, use catch() on promises or wrap await calls inside try/catch.

I have no idea what this means and haven't been able to find any info on it related to ArcGIS Monitor. I have also noticed that the ArcGIS Monitor Service has stopped and I cannot get it to start but the Server service is running. I don't know if the two are related.

Tags (2)
32 Replies
gisAAIC
New Contributor II

My new install only ran for 3 days prior to getting this error...

Is there a work around yet?

I saw the manual Run option mentioned above.

I did this and it got things going again.

Do we need to manually Run the database maintenance every 3 days?

I am currently set up to automatically run daily.

Kind of disappointing...

0 Kudos
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

I just tried installing 2023.3.1 and started getting that error almost immediately after upgrading and it stopped collecting all together.

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Yeah, most of the observers are down and not collecting data for me as well. Not sure how much more time I want to waste alpha testing this for ESRI. 

0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin1
New Contributor II

I was hopeful that the 2023.3.1 update would resolve the issues that we're seeing. Our installation of the 2023.3.1 completed without any errors, but no ArcGIS-Monitor.exe file was in the BIN folder after installing it. Very odd. We reverted to a snapshot & are back to running 2023.3.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MichaelOlkin1,

Our installation of the 2023.3.1 completed without any errors, but no ArcGIS-Monitor.exe file was in the BIN folder after installing it. 

Was this the only odd behavior after the upgrade to 2023.3.1 or did you see anything else that made you decide to return back to 2023.3? Any chance you could open a Tech Support issue so they can help investigate further?

0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin1
New Contributor II

After installing 2023.3.1, the ArcGIS Monitor service would not start because the ArcGIS-Monitor.exe file did not exist. The only files in the Monitor installation directory were 3 log files in the BIN directory. The Framework, Help, License & Tools directories were not there at all. Basically, it was as if Monitor was removed from the machine & nothing was installed. I tried the 2023.3.1 installation twice & this was the result both times. I saw no alternative other than to revert back to a snapshot to get us back to our functioning 2023.3 deployment.

I can put in a case with tech support.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @gisAAIC and @Justin_Greco,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues with the ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 release. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support so they can collect more information help investigate this issue?

0 Kudos
gisAAIC
New Contributor II

My install from last week is a 2023.3 version.  I just noticed that the 2023.3.1 version was released yesterday, however I do not see a separate patch, just a primary download.

Is the 2023.3.1 a simple install on top of the 2023.3 software, or do we need to wait for a separate patch file to be released?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @gisAAIC,

Is the 2023.3.1 a simple install on top of the 2023.3 software, or do we need to wait for a separate patch file to be released?

You should be able to install Monitor 2023.3.1 on top of Monitor 2023.3. There is no separate patch file.

Hope this helps,

CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Have a new install of 2023.3 and received this error and noticed the observers were down after about 3 days of running.  I ran the database maintenance function manually and everything started working again.