Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Redirect URi ArcGIS Online Unreal

09-12-2023 06:50 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Hi, it seems like the documentation is throwing me in circles. 

If I use Developer OAuth 2.0 or creating an app on Online I need to add a redirect URi. I can't find anywhere where to find it.

I would expect that it needs to be the same in Unreal as what I'm adding in app.

How do I know what to write in the Redirect URi. Let's say as simple as a layer and app on ArcGIS Online.

KennethLindhardt1_0-1694526629379.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Is it really correct that it just need to be:
urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

and then the URL to the ArcGIS Online?

If so why is this not just added in the documentation?

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The redirect pattern depends on the application platform you're targeting e.g. Android, iOS, or Windows. 

For more information see Redirect URLs for Native Apps - OAuth 2.0 Simplified and Add a redirect URI | Documentation | ArcGIS Developers.

Your ArcGIS Developers Dashboard allows you to add multiple redirect URIs for a given application.

Thanks

KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

No sorry, this does not make sense to me. I thought I got through to it, but can't do it again.
I'm creating an OAuth2.0 Application on ArcGIS Online. 

I need to call that when I add a service layer in UnrealEngine. There must be a standard setup for Unreal Engine. I can't make any understanding of what to place in the redirect URl. 

Could someone please explain what to add in those to fields as you would for a 3 years old:

KennethLindhardt1_0-1695645537816.png

What I thought was working was the URL to the ArcGIS Online organization + urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
I did see the login screen in Unreal last time, but now I can't get it back.

KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Arh, it works when I save the scene. Sorry...