Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Redirect URi ArcGIS Online Unreal

09-12-2023 06:50 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, it seems like the documentation is throwing me in circles. 

If I use Developer OAuth 2.0 or creating an app on Online I need to add a redirect URi. I can't find anywhere where to find it.

I would expect that it needs to be the same in Unreal as what I'm adding in app.

How do I know what to write in the Redirect URi. Let's say as simple as a layer and app on ArcGIS Online.

KennethLindhardt1_0-1694526629379.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KennethLindhardt1

Is it really correct that it just need to be:
urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

and then the URL to the ArcGIS Online?

If so why is this not just added in the documentation?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The redirect pattern depends on the application platform you're targeting e.g. Android, iOS, or Windows. 

For more information see Redirect URLs for Native Apps - OAuth 2.0 Simplified and Add a redirect URI | Documentation | ArcGIS Developers.

Your ArcGIS Developers Dashboard allows you to add multiple redirect URIs for a given application.

Thanks

KennethLindhardt1

No sorry, this does not make sense to me. I thought I got through to it, but can't do it again.
I'm creating an OAuth2.0 Application on ArcGIS Online. 

I need to call that when I add a service layer in UnrealEngine. There must be a standard setup for Unreal Engine. I can't make any understanding of what to place in the redirect URl. 

Could someone please explain what to add in those to fields as you would for a 3 years old:

KennethLindhardt1_0-1695645537816.png

What I thought was working was the URL to the ArcGIS Online organization + urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
I did see the login screen in Unreal last time, but now I can't get it back.

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt1

Arh, it works when I save the scene. Sorry...