Unable to apply edits

Jump to solution
12-13-2011 09:19 AM
JamesWhisenhunt
New Contributor III
I am trying to create an application similar to the ESRI citizen request sample.  I am running into a problem where I am unable to apply my edits.  The error code is:

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete  operation.","details":["Unable to apply edits"]}}

I have:

1. registered the feature class as versioned

2. permissions have been given. I am able to edit without problem in ArcMap; is there something else I need to do.

3. checked to make sure editing is enabled on the service

Any help is greatly appreciated.
James
0 Kudos
28 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I had it turned off.  I was trying to get rid of the Objectid_1.  It should work now. 

Sorry about that.  I ask for help then turn off the service.

OK i think i figured out your problem

According to your service

Extent:

XMin: 5092236.84471448
    YMin: 3744333.20859535
    XMax: 5398097.78318819
    YMax: 4012334.36813001
    Spatial Reference: 3089

yet clicking on your map yields

adds [{"geometry":{"x":1477486.2739920334,"y":284517.4554125852,"spatialReference":{"wkid":2246}},"attributes":{"LastUpdate":null,"OBJECTID":null,"COUNTY":null,"Type":"Point1","Image_":null,"WebLink":null,"Comment":null,"COM":null,"EditorName":null,"requestdate":1323965159000}}]

Different Spatial reference, invalid xmin,etc.. is there a reason you are in two different coord systems?
0 Kudos
JamesWhisenhunt
New Contributor III
Yes they are in two projections.  I really didn't think about it I just used a cached service I already had.  I will make the changes and see what happens.

Thanks for the help,
James
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Yes they are in two projections.  I really didn't think about it I just used a cached service I already had.  I will make the changes and see what happens.

Thanks for the help,
James

Well it will at least be worth trying to rule out as an issue
0 Kudos
GaryBushek
New Contributor III
James,
    Were you able to resolve this?  I have the same exact issue.

Thanks
0 Kudos
JamesWhisenhunt
New Contributor III
I have not.  There are a couple of things I need want to try; however, I have not had time due to the holidays. 

This is my top priority after the first of the year.  I will keep everyone posted.

James
0 Kudos
JamesWhisenhunt
New Contributor III
Now that the holidays are over I have had time to look at this again. 

My problem was the ArcGISSoc account needed to have grant privileges added to the feature class.  This was a very simple solution that drove me crazy for a while.

James
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hi James,
I am hoping that you can help me.  I am also trying to applyEdits with the use of the javascript REST API.  I am getting an "Unable to apply edits" general error.  I have seen documentation that says to apply write permissions to ARCGISSOC through the "database server" node of ArcCatalog.  However, it seems as if the "database server" node works with a SQLExpress instance, not a networked SQLserver SDE geodatabase.  I see that you mention "grant" permissions.  I have gone into SQL, right-clicked (on the geodatabase, not on a specific featureclass table), properties, permissions tab, and checked the "grant" box for connect, delete, execute, insert, select and update.  applyEdits is still not working for me.  Can you tell me what I need to do to apply the proper permissions?  Is there a place in ArcCatalog to set a write permission on SQL SDE...that you know of?  Anything I need to do in ArcCatalog?  Thanks for any direction you can give!
0 Kudos
LisaT
by
Actually, I have found a way to "grant" permissions in ArcCatalog by right-clicking on the feature and choosing "privileges".  The grant succeeds, but I am still getting an error with code 400-unable to apply edits.  Just trying a simple delete for now...http of : myserverLocation/FeatureServer/0/applyEdits?deletes=3,7&callback=ags_jsonp.ags_jsonp_15_194815&f=json.  I will continue trying things, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!
0 Kudos
JamesWhisenhunt
New Contributor III
Yes there is a place in ArcCatalog to apply permissions.  Right click on the feature class or if your data is in a feature dataset right click on it and choose privileges.  The next box is pretty self explanatory just give the ArcGISScoc View and Edit privileges.

Hope this helps,
James
0 Kudos
LisaT
by
Hi James, looks like we were submitting a thread at the same time!  I found the 'privileges' choice and granted edit permissions to my ArcGISSom user.  I am still getting the same error... :-(.
0 Kudos